KiteLife Forum
DTill

New sewing machine.

I've been useing a brother xr 1300, following  pfaff 1222's on ebay. Are there any other machines in should be looking for? Looking for heavy duty with a walking  foot. All and any old pfaff's, Japanese built Kenmore, whites, singer heavy duty44__ series? 

• Like 2

Picked up a Singer kinda "Heavy Duty 4432" for 25$ at a thrift store today. Almost grabbed a Sears Kenmore 1311 made in Japan w/ a 1.2amp motor earlier. This was to new and cheap to pass up.20190312_180325.jpg

• Like 5

15535695670411367015870.jpg15535697640761647293401.jpg Then I  picked up this beauty. White model 8000, Made in Japan. Super smooth, pedal feed. 19.99 at a local thrift store. Start trolling the stores, this stuff is out there! Just ordered a walking foot and some bobbins for 20$.

• Like 1

Just be aware of the distance, body to needle. Not sure what projects you have in mind, but a bigger gap lets you feed more material through easier. That and the ability to sew thick materials.

This machine has a deeper needle to base than the others. Messin around with big thread, and themed center panel.

1553751001040166410771.jpg

Harold (Kitsquid) Ames had an industrial sewing machine that could stitch a couple of times THRU a quarter.  

He could source kite building stuff from Mars. I could buy a 1/4 width but Squid gets a six inch roll!  We had some great times doing cooperative building projects together.  Alas other interests have been deemed more important, but I miss the big fella

Dropped the deck on the table. Built it to fit the girlfriends machine. Will cut out a filler plate to fit the White machine.

IMG_20190414_135151555.jpg

• Like 1