KiteLife Forum

Psychotic

Breezin

Andy Wardely considers the Flexifoil Stranger to be the 1st modern stunt kite. It's little sibling is the Psycho. Got one last July cheap that needed some repairs. Kept forgetting parts but it's finally fit to fly. Got the kite to replace a Premier Addiction. Kite is not what I expected. The forward speed in 15 mph is more like my Black Dog than the Addiction. It's even a little slower than my Nighthawk.First time out I was shocked how light the pull is and how easy it is to control the forward speed. Just about as good as my Lam kites. Winds were going to 18 mph nasty bumpy stuff. Expected to struggle at the edge keeping the kite from being blown back into the window or to the ground. Shocked again at how well the kite rides the bumps. Even better than my Mind Trick vented as long as you pay attention. Spent 2 hours on it and came away thinking super cool kite but not knowing if I had replaced the Addiction. The steering is radical for sure but the wildness seemed to be missing. 2nd time out measured top winds at 22 mph and very smooth. Really connected to the kite and had a absolute blast for a hour. LE has female connection instead of ferrule and the glue let go. AHHHHHH I had forgotten to get glue. NO kiter worth their salt can be without glue AHHHHH!!! The kite needs to be flown like a Prism Micron. Input reactions are EXTREMELY fast. Need to pay attention at ALL times.Couldn't roll up from stall but when moving could catch 1 pretty easy. No roll ups so more than 1 will be pretty hard.I had read where axles were really fast. Depends on your inputs. They're very smooth and speed is controllable. Just about got a Taz couple times but nose away on exit I'd lose it. Slots although not pretty yet were pretty doable. Couldn't hold a turtle or fade very long and they became fast transitional moves only. Flic Flacs pretty doable too because kite is very easy to pancake. Kite goes to a tip stand really easy from different moves. Groundwork and low altitude stuff is just a blast.Not very good on the Cascade yet  but 2 or 3 would just kind of appear and then kite would zoom off. Like the Addiction yanking and spanking trying to figure out what just happened is a total blast. Kite is one of those that you make a input hope it's right and chase it. Not forgiving because of it's sensitivity but that also means kite recovers from mistakes really well when your fast enough.Insanes are freaking INSANE! Had a stunningly good time once I connected to the kite. Does it replace the Addiction? Yup but not by much at all. Addictions got a more wilder zany feel. Psycho is quicker on inputs, 6 to 30 mph range, more stable and is surprisingly controllable all across the window.I'm a lot different flier than when I had my Addiction. Don't even move or hold the straps the same way. Verdict will be in when I fly the grand kids head to head with the Psycho.Put up the Mind Trick next and POW!! Best flights EVER. After hanging onto the Psycho my vision was just clear.Been stuck at what I think is a level 4.5/4.75 since last fall. Finally felt 5 and man that's FUN!! Would I have felt that sooner if I'd kept my Addiction. Like to think so but maybe not. I've really been missing a kite like this because sometimes I just need to go for a zany ,wild, radical ride. Plus I think the radicals help make me a better flier. If looking for a nice relaxing time on the lines DO NOT fly this thing. If you want a adrenaline fueled whooping and hollering good time then step right up and introduce yourself to a Psycho. The name fits without a doubt.

• Like 1

I still have my Stranger - pretty fun kite generally. Massive amount of over-steer, but a very forgiving kite too! I'd put it in some very stupid positions and learned to just wait a second - voila - the kite came out of them!

It was learning to wait was the hard part!

• Like 1