KiteLife Forum

Welcome BlutedaGod

Hello @BlutedaGod,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings everyone 

I'm new to kiting, I have a drone and it always seems too windy to fly! so you guessed it I purchased my first kite a quantum fell in love Instantly now I fly my drone NEVER kites kites kites just purchased my third a hypnotist my other is a zenith 7. I need help though I cant do any freaking tricks loop de loops and ish!!! Just pulled off a snap stall landing and it was orgasmic, lead it to the outside edge snapped it and boom touchdown and lift off. Tried several times again but couldn't stick the landing. I will practice practice practice just need one other little beginner trick to amazing my wife who thinks in out there just flapping my arms lol. 

Thanks in advance by the way I'm near Indianapolis if anyone is willing to take on a student 

• Like 1

Welcome. In the trick flying section on page 3 is a great link. Comprehensive trick tutorials posted by Jonesz. I've used it more than videos. Further down the same post is another that takes you to Randy Greenaways videos. I started with Dodd Gross videos and I think most would agree everyone needs to watch his stuff. The Turtle and Axle are basic moves that are used to transition into more advanced tricks. Your next step 😊.Learn them simultaneously so you don't get to frustrated. Stalls are something I practice every time out. Simple as you develop but so important for timing. My slide stalls although getting nicer looking are still difficult to hold all the way from edge to center.Some say that Slides are a low wind trick. I try them no matter the wind speed because it makes me better in other things. My rising Turtles have about the same success ratio.While seemingly simple both the Slide and Rising are difficult to hone. One day I'm doing good and pretty satisfied. Next day winds different, on a different kite and not so good.Heck must be the kite. Grab the kite from the day before and nope it's ALWAYS me.Some kites will do some tricks better than others. My Hydra rolls up a lot easier than my Mind Trick for example. Mind Trick excels in Turtle based tricks but when my TIMING is ON I can roll it up with relative ease.