Jump to content
KiteLife Forum

Recommended Posts

Hello fellow kite enthusiasts! My name is Jon, and I'm relatively new to the kite scene. 34 years old and in the PNW. Looking forward to learning from you all and hopefully making some new friends! Don't hesitate to drop me a line.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum. A lot of excellent fliers in the PNW my family relocated to Coos Bay Oregon last year and love it. Mega Fly clinic this weekend in Long Beach WA and a lot of festivals to check out all year long. If your ever near Coos Bay my son and I love to fly and always welcome others.


Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, khsidekick said:

If your ever near Coos Bay my son and I love to fly and always welcome others.


Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Awesome, I will! I'm a bit further north in Corvallis,  Oregon. Likewise if you're ever in Newport 😁 I'll be at the Lincoln City festival this summer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Prophet, and welcome to the forum. I'm in the NECOINOA. Hope to fly with you some day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, makatakam said:

Hi, Prophet, and welcome to the forum. I'm in the NECOINOA. Hope to fly with you some day.

I'm unfamiliar with the NECOINOA. Sorry for the risk of sounding like noob, but what is that? Hope to fly with you too someday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ProphetEyes said:

I'm unfamiliar with the NECOINOA. Sorry for the risk of sounding like noob, but what is that? Hope to fly with you too someday!

North East Corner Of Illinois Near O'hare Airport -- Sorry, the devil made me do it. Took me a while to figure out PNW. I guess I'm not the sharpest tack in the box. :devil:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy! Festivals up here are Lincoln City and WSIKF (Long Beach, WA, week long) for sure. Not sure on when Rockaway will happen (if at all). Got some stuff farther north - Ocean Shores WA., Whidbey Island, WA.) or some stuff south ((CA).

You will find fliers scattered all over the coast, just got to hook up with some to be there when they are. You'll find them at Newport, Rockaway, Lincoln City, Seaside, Long Beach, ....! One good source is the Portland Area Kite Flyers page on FaceBook. You'll find a link to the Region 10 calendar there. Pretty comprehensive listing of what is available in the OR, WA region. There are some special events though, like the grid clinic just held in Long Beach.

Here in Portland, we either fly at Broughton Beach behind the airport (PDX) or on the coast at Lincoln City behind the casino hotel. PS: there is an indoor fest at Lincoln City this weekend at the Taft High School!! May be some don't go indoors and fly outdoors instead!

Anyway, if you are on FB, feel free to us the PAKF page to ask around for company!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wayne Dowler said:

Howdy! Festivals up here are Lincoln City and WSIKF (Long Beach, WA, week long) for sure. Not sure on when Rockaway will happen (if at all). Got some stuff farther north - Ocean Shores WA., Whidbey Island, WA.) or some stuff south ((CA).

You will find fliers scattered all over the coast, just got to hook up with some to be there when they are. You'll find them at Newport, Rockaway, Lincoln City, Seaside, Long Beach, ....! One good source is the Portland Area Kite Flyers page on FaceBook. You'll find a link to the Region 10 calendar there. Pretty comprehensive listing of what is available in the OR, WA region. There are some special events though, like the grid clinic just held in Long Beach.

Here in Portland, we either fly at Broughton Beach behind the airport (PDX) or on the coast at Lincoln City behind the casino hotel. PS: there is an indoor fest at Lincoln City this weekend at the Taft High School!! May be some don't go indoors and fly outdoors instead!

Anyway, if you are on FB, feel free to us the PAKF page to ask around for company!

Thanks Wayne! I just requested to join the FB group. Looking forward to meeting more flyers in my area. Definitely planning on attending the Lincoln City fest in June. I won't be able to make it to the festival this weekend, but thanks for the tips on the flying fields where I can expect to meet other fliers. I usually fly Nye Beach in Newport, or Beverly Beach just north of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may meet Terry Rowley and Sandy Letson down there sometimes. They are my teammates on the Quad Squad North West! They are from Albany. Depending on what the weather is and schedules of the team, they go to that area to fly often. Not sure that is the exact beach, but might be. I'll ask this weekend. With 2 of us on the team here in Portland, it's usually Lincoln City or the beach behind the airport, that are convenient places to fly.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...