KiteLife Forum

HQ Delta Hawk

ProphetEyes

Hey everyone. Just a quick question for you Delta Hawk owners out there. Which line set would you recommend for this kite?

I've had mine for almost a year now, but still haven't gotten it up in the air. The strongest line-set I have is the set that came with my Hypnotist which is 85'x150#. We are expecting a couple 20+ mph days in the next week, and was curious if I should be looking into getting a stronger line-set than this or if my current set will be up to task without snapping or stretching too much. Thanks guys and gals!

I too own a Delta Hawk and a Hypnotist. The Delta Hawk should be fine on the #150 lines. I have flown mine in excess of 25 mph with the line set from my Hypnotist. You can always fly to the edge of the wind window when it’s gusting hard just to be safe. Add a tail to slow it down and put on a show.
I was wailing on my Delta Hawk last week in winds above 30 mph with #220x65’ lines and a 75’ tube tail. It’s a great kite to have in the bag for days when winds would shred more mortal kites.IMG_5775.jpg
Worse case scenario is you break some lines and have to upgrade yourself to some laser pro gold line. Get out there and fly it with intent!

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had mine in 40 mph on 100' x 150# Prism dyneema. Only went center window a few times and 40 is the max for me.More time in the center and I think the lines would have failed. Don't have a tail for it yet but it's the only kite I want to put one on. On 65' lines I doubt I could handle it well without one. Started to get some dyneema 220# lines a few times but for 30+ winds think I need 120'x170# Shanti. That's not cheap.There are some 250# x 98' dyneema with winder and straps on Ebay for $6.99 from China. Haven't got them because of the length. From what I've gathered 170# Shanti is stronger than 220# dyneema.In high winds not sure if the high end lines justify their cost but that's where I'm heading. I've got a Mind trick vented that got hit by a 40 mph wind on 150# x 100' LPC and didn't sustain any damage. Don't intend to fly it over 30 but wind happens.The Hawk has pert near twice the pull as the Mind Trick in 30. Maybe  for $14.00 I should just splice 2 dyneema sets together and see what 199' feels like LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for these answers guys! I have a 75' tail that I will definitely be using with it now. I think I'm going to invest in 200#×85' dyneema lines for it just to be on the safe side. Prism sells a set for 65 dollars but I have a feeling that this is overpriced now. It does come with straps but I'm feeling that I should get some padded straps for this beast 😂. I think that would be another 15, and in all honesty I don't know how to attach those. I guess I should figure it out 🤔. If anyone has an opinion on of this please feel free to comment. 

One opinion - don't "cheap out" on lines! They are your only connection to the kite! Kite line is expensive  for a reason - it is made specifically for flying. Their are certain properties kite line has, that other stuff doesn't.

Buy the best lines you can afford!