KiteLife Forum

Indoor Deca Videos

esinger

I've acquired some Decas recently.  Both Synergy and Minergy Zero Wind Decas.   I'm working on basic indoor flying with them and they are quite different from indoor rev kites.   I haven't found many videos and I was wondering where the best source of learning might be. 

Thanks,

Eric

Or search out "Steve Santos",

he flies two Deccas at once, one-handed w/one and one "no handed" at all, plus has a cool catch at the end of his routine.  Kinda' a barreled roll-up type of thing (from overhead) that is simply amazing and must have taken decades to figure out!

https://kitelife.com/2005/12/01/issue-45-kites-at-the-us-open/

He and his lovely "significant other" are both cohosting the indoor at WW this year.  

NEW for WIKF 19 – World Indoor Kite Show!

Sky Festival Productions along with facilitators Steve Santos and Sue Moskowitz is super excited to announce the inclusion of a completely new aspect of our indoor kite flying festivities, the World Indoor Kite Show!

While we have always incorporated the World Indoor Kite Competition, this year we are stepping it up with a multi-faceted and generational indoor kite flying experience to take place at the Wildwoods Convention Center, East Hall, on the last day of the event, Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day).

Or search out "Steve Santos",
he flies two Deccas at once, one-handed w/one and one "no handed" at all, plus has a cool catch at the end of his routine.  Kinda' a barreled roll-up type of thing (from overhead) that is simply amazing and must have taken decades to figure out!
https://kitelife.com/2005/12/01/issue-45-kites-at-the-us-open/
He and his lovely "significant other" are both cohosting the indoor at WW this year.  

NEW for WIKF 19 – World Indoor Kite Show!

Sky Festival Productions along with facilitators Steve Santos and Sue Moskowitz is super excited to announce the inclusion of a completely new aspect of our indoor kite flying festivities, the World Indoor Kite Show!

While we have always incorporated the World Indoor Kite Competition, this year we are stepping it up with a multi-faceted and generational indoor kite flying experience to take place at the Wildwoods Convention Center, East Hall, on the last day of the event, Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day).

Thanks Paul, I did find one video from last year. He does do a lot of one handed flying.

It also seems to be a trend that people are flying Great Decas. Which I do not own currently. Just normal sized Synergy Decas and Minergys

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

Nice videos from Cirque du Soleil.  I'll have to put together a video once I get some more time on the lines.  Haven't seen anything smaller than Zero Wind Great Decas in these videos, so I could add  to the community some with those kites.

This is the most impressive video I've found so far.  Plus I enjoy his dual line style too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, mebeatee said:

Again....wonderful... That's a real nice place you have to fly in!!

That was the size(d) kite that would literally float and glide ever so slooooooowly.

bt

Thanks Barry.  Did you ever stack them while you owned them?  I found that I enjoyed it more  than flying a single Synergy Deca.  They become more stable and even more floaty.

Thank you again for selling me these kites.  My next attempt will probably be a 3 stack of Minergys

Eric

Never got around to stacking them but had thought about it. I was however doing a lot of one in each hand dual line flying, so tried a couple of minergy's....one in each hand (your white one plus another in grey/red sail sold earlier) hence acquiring the matching set(s). I remember twiddling with different handle designs as I never really liked the Deca handles...but that sort of fell by the wayside. As a touring musician I would take a minergy and a 0wind with me and fly inside appropriate venues but only singly, and upon returning home there were too many other kites to explore...!!!!....

Found an old pic of an old pic.....a local fellow had a huge telescopic pole with a camera mount that he used for forest photo's. That day he was at the beach...

IMG_0305.thumb.JPG.42990f53c2973aca22f43b9039b2e9bb.JPG

bt

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the history of these kites.  When I received them, there definitely was a mental question about why two sets of the exact same kites.   Now I know.

That's a great picture!  Thank you for sharing.  

Eric