KiteLife Forum
esinger

Indoor Deca Videos

I've acquired some Decas recently.  Both Synergy and Minergy Zero Wind Decas.   I'm working on basic indoor flying with them and they are quite different from indoor rev kites.   I haven't found many videos and I was wondering where the best source of learning might be. 

Thanks,

Eric

Or search out "Steve Santos",

he flies two Deccas at once, one-handed w/one and one "no handed" at all, plus has a cool catch at the end of his routine.  Kinda' a barreled roll-up type of thing (from overhead) that is simply amazing and must have taken decades to figure out!

https://kitelife.com/2005/12/01/issue-45-kites-at-the-us-open/

He and his lovely "significant other" are both cohosting the indoor at WW this year.  

NEW for WIKF 19 – World Indoor Kite Show!

Sky Festival Productions along with facilitators Steve Santos and Sue Moskowitz is super excited to announce the inclusion of a completely new aspect of our indoor kite flying festivities, the World Indoor Kite Show!

While we have always incorporated the World Indoor Kite Competition, this year we are stepping it up with a multi-faceted and generational indoor kite flying experience to take place at the Wildwoods Convention Center, East Hall, on the last day of the event, Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day).

search " cirque du soleil kite "

My search really didn't come up with much. I know they have used Decas in performances but can't find the videos

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

Or search out "Steve Santos",
he flies two Deccas at once, one-handed w/one and one "no handed" at all, plus has a cool catch at the end of his routine.  Kinda' a barreled roll-up type of thing (from overhead) that is simply amazing and must have taken decades to figure out!
https://kitelife.com/2005/12/01/issue-45-kites-at-the-us-open/
He and his lovely "significant other" are both cohosting the indoor at WW this year.  

NEW for WIKF 19 – World Indoor Kite Show!

Sky Festival Productions along with facilitators Steve Santos and Sue Moskowitz is super excited to announce the inclusion of a completely new aspect of our indoor kite flying festivities, the World Indoor Kite Show!

While we have always incorporated the World Indoor Kite Competition, this year we are stepping it up with a multi-faceted and generational indoor kite flying experience to take place at the Wildwoods Convention Center, East Hall, on the last day of the event, Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day).

Thanks Paul, I did find one video from last year. He does do a lot of one handed flying.

It also seems to be a trend that people are flying Great Decas. Which I do not own currently. Just normal sized Synergy Decas and Minergys

Scott Weider also uses one for half of a routine he does. Doesn't Lisa W.? Not too many from the West Coast use them, I think.

Nice videos from Cirque du Soleil.  I'll have to put together a video once I get some more time on the lines.  Haven't seen anything smaller than Zero Wind Great Decas in these videos, so I could add  to the community some with those kites.

This is the most impressive video I've found so far.  Plus I enjoy his dual line style too.

Here's a short video from my second time flying the Minergy Deca Zero Wind.

• Like 1

I decided to take the Minergy Zero Wind outside. Here is a short video of me flying the little kite

• Like 1

Right on Eric!!!!!

Nice to see them flying again....or in some cases flying period...went to the right place!!!

bt

Thanks again Barry. I just received everything I believe I need to repair the others. So hopefully I'll have quite a few more to fly soon

I put two of the Minergy Deca Zero Wind kites in a stack and flew them outside.   Hope to try fly the stack indoors next.

• Like 1

Here's the same Minergy Deca Zero Wind stack being flown indoors.   Much more difficult.