KiteLife Forum

Banners

Breezin

unnamed.jpgSteve Hall sent me this for some inspiration. Things HUGE!! Really,really bummed the GWTW forum is ending. Something that caught my attention was a lack of advertising for GWTW and Kitelife on the field. Don't recall seeing a flag or banner in any photos with a GWTW or Kitelife forum on them. Wasn't looking for them though. Looked at several sites that make feather banners and was surprised at how cheap the basic designs are.JB seems to like those Asian dragons. Putting those on a 8' feather flag looked really cool but crowded. One like this with a ascending air dragonKunisada_II_The_Dragon.jpgwhere the diamonds are would look really cool. Imagine it would need to be a printed mesh fabric.With the right colors it'd really grab people's attention. Where the Buddha is standing the silhouette that JB uses on his stickers would look neat but might be to much.Maybe we could come up with something like this that's pretty big for JB to take with him on his travels. Hold a raffle for some donated kites to cover the costs. Smaller ones we could purchase ourselves and put up wherever we fly. I got 4 old school kites and a couple beginner ones I can send to a central location for a raffle. Condor Gremlin and Skynasaur Classic 96 sails are still crispy. If enough of us get involved we could pass around quite a few kites and get some pretty neat displays out there.For those of you who don't access Addict Kite you should. They believe that kiting is making a resurgence in France and are making the effort to promote the sport.In the US we've got to do the same. Things have changed and we've got to figure out how to adapt. A lot of young parents are starting to figure out electronic stuff has to be limited.My grand kids range from 1 to 23 and I'm seeing this change in my own family.  Kites are pretty cheap and most everyone in a family can do some type of kiting. There's a faulty train of thought in fliers that have been around a lot that Kitelife is a mostly quad site. That needs to change because it's not been the case at all in my time here.We  might be surprised at how much more traffic may come thru here by just having a Kitelife.com banner flying next to your kite bag.Might not work at all but it'd still be cool to have.Going to have one made for the Mile High Kite Club. Need to run it by the members but I'm leaning towards a rising Phoenix 🤔.

• Like 1

I got a feather banner made for when I'm on the field. Also works great when we are at the beach so the kids know where home base is set up. Made by some good folks here in Oz. I sometimes just set it up in the back yard and just watch it flap in the breeze. FB_IMG_1558393599040.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950F using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1