KiteLife Forum

Up to date information

Jerrylee

I have a couple of books on making kites, both from the late 80's and early 90's. Where can I find up to date information using the materials that are in use today. An example would be using carbon tubes rather than wood dowels. Would like to get information on an up to date book or web site.

Kitebuilders.com has info on all kinds of kites. Open source plans from Krijn and Kareloh (Ickytv). Kite plans has some cool little bit older stuff but IMO some of the newest stuff isn't a ton  different.Tweak as you see fit. If looking for dual line stunters  Christian Derefat's  Le Virus, Le Quartz and Le Organic are popular newbie builds. Ian Newman's Mantis is also there. He has some good tutorials on You Tube.On the US Ebay there is a Le Virus for sale with some really good pics. I've not seen a modern book. Mine is a Gomberg book from 1996. Like for most everything  I use the web. Haven't been to the library in years. Hundreds of dollars in late fees over the years sucks so I just don't go anymore.