KiteLife Forum

Welcome Brandon

Hello @Brandon,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Hello and thank you for the warm welcom,

When I was young I had always been curious about stunt kites, 4 years ago I was on vacation near Seaside OR and at the time Northwest Winds still had a shop there.

I got their "Comet"  dual line kite and the someone at the shop taught me the larks-head and explained that unlike other kites I would need to unwind the string all the way first (a 5 minute stunt kite 101) and sent me off to the beach to fly. I have been hooked ever since,  a year ago I also got their "ZigZag" kite  and of course a couple of tails. https://www.nwwinds.biz/store/

I feel like I still have a lot to learn with dual lines but I saw some people at my local kite park flying quad line and I was entranced.  They let me have a few minutes at the handles and I knew I had to learn how to fly one of these beasts.  I watched a ton of tutorials and read all I could about quad line kites (that is how I ended up on kitelife forums).

I have had a Djinn now for just over a week as my first quad line kite and I am flying every chance I get, alternating practicing skills like hovers and reverse flying, and just trying to stunt around in new ways. 

(me and the Djinn at Shoreline kite Park, plus the wife requesting maneuvers)

• Like 2

:sign_welcome: A whole week huh. Wondering if you stopped long enough to eat or sleep. Watching that video I'm pretty sure you didn't have time to shower.GOOD STUFF!!! The fun you folks were having is pretty infectious. 

This must have been towards the end of the first week+! First when seeing the video I thought: good speedy QLK flying without the unplanned landings, then later in the video you had the hovers as well. It seems like a very good progress rate there!