KiteLife Forum

Level One Kites USA Matrix line set.

cjay

4 hours ago, frob said:

I would love to try Matrix but suspect ultimately it will be similar: good stuff but not something that steals the show. 

I think you would find that it doesn’t compare favorably.  Maybe LP-Sport level?  Maybe. 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 7:12 AM, riffclown said:

some of my more recent Skybond purchases don't seem to be of the same quality as before.

In what way? Did you talk to Shanti about it?

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:25 AM, frob said:

I soak and shake them all out when I get away from sand

I have never washed mine, always just coil them up and put them away. Most of the sand comes off during the coiling though.

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2020 at 7:12 AM, riffclown said:

I'm a big fan of Skybond myself but some of my more recent Skybond purchases don't seem to be of the same quality as before.. 

Just got some 50# from OSK and it snapped about 1/4 from the sleeving close to my straps. Popped for an axle in like 2/3mph. Equalized and resleeved on the spot but it’s still irritating on a new line set. Flew for maybe 1/2 hours. 

On 10/6/2020 at 12:42 AM, NateyLB said:

Just got some 50# from OSK and it snapped about 1/4 from the sleeving close to my straps. Popped for an axle in like 2/3mph. Equalized and resleeved on the spot but it’s still irritating on a new line set. Flew for maybe 1/2 hours.

Did you buy the OSKUSA LSL high modulus compressed and coated dual line set, or the cheap budget set?

12 hours ago, NateyLB said:

Skybond

I see. Thought you were talking about the OSK branded line.

I might buy one of their 50# line sets. Andy at OSK talks up their premium LSL high modulus compressed coated lines. 

I like the skybond coated 100# lines but heard about their 50# not being that great.

On 10/8/2020 at 3:08 PM, cjay said:

I see. Thought you were talking about the OSK branded line.

I might buy one of their 50# line sets. Andy at OSK talks up their premium LSL high modulus compressed coated lines. 

I like the skybond coated 100# lines but heard about their 50# not being that great.

Love their 100# set it’s my most flown lines. I have a fresh 175# but I haven’t really found a day to fly them. Maybe when my nirvana comes.