KiteLife Forum
cjay

Level One Kites USA Matrix line set.

I have a set of the 75' x 90# Matrix line set from Level One Kites on the way. It is an orange color, and I wanted to check out the visibility. Sounds like it is similar to speed line.

Anyone have experience with this line?

I am excited to get back out there to fly again after being laid up for months due to my back.

It is pretty new over here. The Level One kites  and the Matrix line sets have just become available. The one person that might know the most would be Paul deBakker, but he might be a bit biased - him and Nic are the Level One USA distributors.

Link to the site:   https://www.levelonekitesusa.com/ 

• Like 2

Was interested to know if anyone else has tried it.

I emailed Paul about it.

He said that it is not Climax Protec line, and that it is a little less stretchy than the protec. And that it is not as stiff as LPG or Skybond.

He said it is sort of in between the speed and skybond as far as stiffness goes, and that it doesn't pick up debris as much as the LPG. So it will be interesting to try out, and have around for other people to try as well.

• Like 1

I got the line set the other day. Thought i would give some details about the transaction and lines.

It was very fast shipping. 

One of the best checkout systems i have used. Add to Cart > checkout > paypal login > buy !  No filling out of forms at all.

Line set looks good. Haven't unwound it and checked to see if they are even yet.

It is a little stiffer and more slick than the factory spectra lines i got with my kites. The sleeving has the ends heated,  so i am not sure if that is an abrasion risk or not. I know the skybond is not like that on purpose.

The color is very good. Price is very good.

I think i am going to like it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John Barresi said:

Curious how it wears in the long run.

I will be sure to post updates as I use them.

• Thanks 1