KiteLife Forum

SHOOTER

windwarrior

I've watched and own  the movie called Shooter with Mark Wahlberg and I keep trying to figure out which kites were flying in one of the scenes. One that I noticed instantly was a Revolution but don't really know the others. My first guess is a Prism E2? There's about 3 kites total. 

I just watched the movie on cable so I don't have a freeze frame option since the dvd is boxed away from a move.

Anybody know? 

Filmed us (10 initially) a couple hours from front, back and side , we're maybe in it 15 seconds after editing, around nineteen minute marker, I am on the Rev, Cosca on a trickNTrak from Premier 

super tough weather conditions, we lost five at lunchtime, including Lisa and Ian, continuity sorely lacking 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul LaMasters said:

Filmed us (10 initially) a couple hours from front, back and side , we're maybe in it 15 seconds after editing, around nineteen minute marker, I am on the Rev, Cosca on a trickNTrak from Premier 

super tough weather conditions, we lost five at lunchtime, including Lisa and Ian, continuity sorely lacking 

Oh really???! 

THAT'S cool! I wasn't expecting to read THAT response!!! Very cool! 

How in the world did that come about???

Guy I know worked in the kite business, was contacted thru Hollywood, asked his friends to help him,

movies are totally staged, .... wind and weather don't care about the plan, budget or schedule

an interesting experience to be compensated for, a hundred bucks + lunch

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul LaMasters said:

Does that acting gig scar me as a professional kite flier?

@Paul LaMasters

Probably not but even you have to admit, that few moments on film is your biggest audience ever, captured on film and easily accessible.

You and Jim have become the answer to a lot of Kiting's best trivia questions.

I for one say, thank you for representing us all for that few moments. You both carried the torch well.

4 hours ago, riffclown said:

@Paul LaMasters

Probably not but even you have to admit, that few moments on film is your biggest audience ever, captured on film and easily accessible.

You and Jim have become the answer to a lot of Kiting's best trivia questions.

I for one say, thank you for representing us all for that few moments. You both carried the torch well.

Agreed!:clap;

honestly?

I had more fun (as did my wife along side me) when nobody knew us.  We heard statements like "what are you doing here?"  Well we paid our own way and thought we could join you,..."nope you required to fly outside of the ropes, where the public is located!"  Like I shouldn't eat in the hotel lobby for breakfast, where I paid to stay,... just 'cause you'all be there too?

I've borrowed equipment plus music countless times, folks laughing because it's a ballet event and you win based upon your best interpretation of the musical score, "showing up the day of the event with a show kite(Beautiful Evil Quad by Joel Sholtz) and no planned music,... what's up with that?" ( I won!)

We've paid our own way internationally, helped just like the hired guns sweating in the sun, (set-up, unloading the truck, lugging equipment across the turf, repacking) and then told I can't share a meal in the organizer's tent or their enclosed fields either!  Broke new ground with establishing festivals (wife is much better as this aspect of kiting), getting people to attend on their own nickel, (a week long international gig!), then to find that after two years and six attendees, that they can invite a 6-man team who bitched and complained about everything they were offered FREE, ..... undoing all of our goodwill w/the tourism office.

I've had friends help me, by explaining that THEY couldn't fly in the arena offered even though I'm the one dealing with the sponsors (Don't EVER go behind our backs like this!)  We could have flown kites on magic wands (sticks) whilst eating snacks and enjoying adult beverages, knuckleheads!  

I've had friends complain to other vendors about the conditions offered for us to fly at the event, (like they'd care about the kiters and a sidehill lie) gig surrounded by trees, spectators crossing our field to get to parking or the entrance.  Take your crap and go home dude, you're ruining a good time for everyone here.

When I had no responsibilities, except my own pleasure (and the misses too!)  Those we the days of old.  Now? I'm like a wanted man, picture hanging in the urinal at the USPS.  Folks want to see what I can do and I just want to make eye-contract with a spectator ONE of 'em and fly for them, just for fun!

I'm old, I can't go sixteen hours straight anymore, not the way I'd like to.  Someday soon, I'll be the one on the sidelines cheering on the next generation.  Smile and share,... is that so tough?  I didn't forget my roots and I will never become a kite clique supporter who belittles that next guy approaching us.

Smile and share, we're all envious of someone else and we should just be happy with our own lot in life!

• Like 4
  • Like 1