KiteLife Forum

Flew my new kite today

john030477

I bought a Hurricane dual line stunt kite from Go Fly A Kite yesterday and today i was able to fly it. I learned to take off by myself and I was able to perform figure 8's with ease. I also did a series of loops and I was practicing drawing squares in the air. It was a lot of fun. I was also experimenting with the edge of the wind, seeing if I could get the kite to hover.

I had one problem though, I was doing a clockwise loop and pulling on my left handle to turn out of it when the line snapped around 6 feet up from the handle.

Should 150lb stunt line break so easily? It wasn't even very windy. It was around 10-15 km/h.

If the line came with the kite, it may be no surprise... I hate to say it, but Go Fly A Kite isn't known for their product quality or design.

Do what you can for the time being, but ask around here on the forum next time you look into buying a new kite... Budget, goals, all relevent to kite selection. ;)

If the line came with the kite, it may be no surprise... I hate to say it, but Go Fly A Kite isn't known for their product quality or design.

Do what you can for the time being, but ask around here on the forum next time you look into buying a new kite... Budget, goals, all relevent to kite selection. ;)

The problem is where I live we have one store that carries stunt kites and it's either I buy A (Go Fly A Kite) or B (Go Fly A Kite)

There isn't a lot of selection here. It looks like eventually I'll be buying a better quality line off the net.

Any recommendations?

All of the kite shops advertising on the main portion of this site are reputable, as Kitelife deals only with companies that have some understanding and care about the kiting community... A couple of calls or emails, and you'll know who genuinely wants to take care of you. ;)

Hey John,

No way to say, but the line may have been abraded (fuzzy looking) where it broke. I've found that when lines get that way, replace them, or replace the kite. As the kiting bug sets in, and you get another kite, and another one, you end up with lots of linesets, so breaking or retiring lines isn't that big of a deal. I had one of my lines break with my New Tech Big Bang kite (factory lines) and it did a spiral death crash that resulted in broken spars. I almost gave up on kiting right there, but thought differently a few minutes later...

Good Luck ~Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

il like prizm kites they are 1 of the best around ive met mark reed NICE GUY loved my nexus 8 pack. a

nyway it sounds to me that you got a faulty line set im sure your shop has more line sets www.prismkites.com they have every model from beginner to expert