KiteLife Forum

Storing Kites

WillK

Either way, remove the tension for storage.  Elastics and fabric both stretch out.  On most kite designs it isn't too hard to swap out old elastics unless they're sewn along an edge, but once the fabric stretches the tension is gone forever.  

Laid open on a floor seems risky for punctures, tripping hazards, and other damage.  I'd prefer something hung on a wall over being on the floor just for the safety issues.

stacks of kites (during travel w/Friends!) are placed behind the sofa in assembled bags, ready to use.  We just pull the sofa out away from the wall sufficient that everything like that fits there.

Eventually you'll have this kiting crap all over deep and around your residence, ... just sayin'!

• Like 1

I don't break duals down unless traveling. Loosely roll them up, put them in their bags and hang them on the wall of the kite shed. Yeah they got their own shed. From there it's 150' to the flying field if winds from the north. Yeah the kites and I are spoiled . Come to think of it got room for a few more.

• Like 2