KiteLife Forum

Inquiry

alpl26

Hello,

I'm a student at the University of Washington, and I will be writing a paper on different types of kites. I am polling different kite communities to obtain some numbers for charts, and would greatly appreciate your contribution.

I’m surveying the type, material, span, surface area, and weight of each user’s kite. A short response in the following format would be appreciated:

Type:

Material:

Span:

Surface Area:

Weight:

If you could, a guess of the material breakdown (in % of kite) would be nice, otherwise, please just state the dominant material. I will share with you my results at the end of summer if I’m successful in gathering enough information.

Thanks

Hello,

I'm a student at the University of Washington, and I will be writing a paper on different types of kites. I am polling different kite communities to obtain some numbers for charts, and would greatly appreciate your contribution.

I’m surveying the type, material, span, surface area, and weight of each user’s kite. A short response in the following format would be appreciated:

Type:

Material:

Span:

Surface Area:

Weight:

If you could, a guess of the material breakdown (in % of kite) would be nice, otherwise, please just state the dominant material. I will share with you my results at the end of summer if I’m successful in gathering enough information.

Thanks

Good topic for a paper! :shifty:

I hope you get lots of replies.

You can retrieve some specs for the kites I have in my kite bag here:

http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/sportkites.htm

The Surface area is not listed, however the wing span and heights are given.....add a little math....and you're there! :P

If you're up for a visual hands on in a Kite shop environment......just go across I-5 on 45th, west to Stoneway, take a left (south) on Stoneway, go almost to the bottom, and see Gasworks kite shop on the left.

Ask for Kathy or Todd :)

Good luck on your paper!

Looking forward to the results being posted! Hey...maybe John could even include it as an article in a Kitelife issue!! :)

Theresa