KiteLife Forum

B-Series MID package (9/1/19)

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

B-Series MID, roughly a $350 value and no longer manufactured by Revolution as of 2017... This is one of just three factory B-Series packages left in my personal collection.

This package includes a MID VENT sail, 2 and 3 wrap frames, adjustable handles, DVD and kite sleeve!

NOTE: Primary color of the kite in this drawing is LIME, WHITE and BLACK on a MID-VENT SAIL... Same colors as shown in the video above.

This is regular (factory) model, it is not a Pro by Bazzer, but will still provide excellent flying for whoever wins this.

You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/392, and will be drawn on Sep 1st, 2019!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin!

• Like 6
  • Like 1

I got back into flying in summer 2018 after a couple years off and I was surprised to find I couldn't just order the 1.5B anymore.  I scoured online stores and was able to find a full sail and a full vent, but no luck on the mid.  Would love to win this one! 

By the way, the video is by the only other quad flyer I've ever personally met!  AND it was shot at the same park as my avatar pic.  I feel like that somehow gives me a leg up in this drawing.

Also, I clearly need to meet more flyers... ANYONE out there in the Phoenix area??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 11:04 AM, DonFibonacci said:

I clearly need to meet more flyers... ANYONE out there in the Phoenix area??

That's always an issue for us inland folks.  Those who live near an ocean coast mostly it is a matter of scheduling and perhaps an hour or two of driving.  For those deeper inland you're often looking at a full day or multi-day trip to meet with people.  Moving to Austin a few years ago it's now only a 6 hour drive to a beach where I know people sometimes fly, less than half the travel time.

And as for the kite, it's a lovely color combination, and mid-vent is my usual choice.  I kept putting that stock combination in the online shopping carts, but always took it back out again as my second favorite. I love bright kites in the sky. That's why 1464 is the number to pick. ;-) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DonFibonacci said:

Do you know any places to fly in Austin?  I'm there on business from time to time - next time I'll bring some kites!

I know a few places that are okay, they all have turbulent variable breezes since we're several hundred miles from the coast. During the summer months parks are quite hot, but I try to fly every Saturday weather permitting. 

Zilker Park near downtown is big but is off-leash and usually has multiple dogs running around. I know some people who fly on some of the UT Austin fields on occasion.  I usually fly at the Old Settler's Park complex closer to my home. I've run across a few random kite flyers, but those I've talked with have always said they fly on a whim on windy days once or twice a year rather than weekly/monthly/etc.

But more on that could probably discussed elsewhere.  For this topic, I'm just happy to have my name in the drawing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A very hearty congratulations to subscriber number 1577, this kite is going home with @Norvin Stanley, the first time we've ever had someone win within the first two months of subscribing - lucky break!

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 7.38.41 PM.png

Thanks a lot to all for your support and patience as always, stay tuned for more swag very, very soon! 😘

• Like 2

Wow ! What luck I never win anything, had been so busy prepping for the world record mega fly forgot there was a great prize package up for grabs, thanks to John for all his hard work, we’re very lucky to have him the Northwest, this kite will get well used. Thanks , Norvin Stanley (Stan)

• Like 3