KiteLife Forum
riffclown

Kite Spots near Honolulu?

Looks good. Had trouble following the link but I found the spot on the map.

Anyone local to the area that would like to try and meet up to fly quads soon??? Will be in that area in the very near future..

Have a great time on your trip. I hadn't started flying when the USAF sent me there in '86, so I wasn't looking for flying fields. We were operating out of Barber's Point NAS on the Leeward Coast of the island. Dusty, dry, with scrubbed over trees and farmland beyond the runway perimeter; I thought we had diverted to Kansas when first peering out the cargo door. Don't know what that area is like now, but back then there was plenty of room to stretch out lines. And contrary to the "leeward" moniker, they do occasionally have wind. Seemed like it would kick up every time we went to try to cover our equipment with those huge pallet bags. Now that I think about it, I had all the makings to develop a quad line foil kite and didn't know it 😁pallet-bag.jpg

Again, have a great time and post plenty of pictures. -Michael 

Hopefully will be there today to fly kites. Will be my only real me time for the trip. Whipping winds predicted..

• Like 1

Hopefully will be there today to fly kites. Will be my only real me time for the trip. Whipping winds predicted..
Whipping winds? I'm sure you have something in your bag of tricks for such an occasion .

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I brought 4 kites with me. Scrapestry III (Full Sail), Gray II (Full Sail 72"), Red White and Blue Vented. (72) and White with a touch of Purple (MV)  The Last 2 are all that got flown. A bit too much wind for a full Sail today.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

• Like 1

Quick Clip from Sandy Beach.. Once again, a Phenomenal place to fly..

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, John Barresi said:

Sandy Beach, the grass field.

I need to read more carefully. I thought you were suggesting "a sandy beach" or a "grass field" (as opposed to an actual location) as good places to fly a kite when traveling to Hawaii. 

• Haha 1