KiteLife Forum

Help please

martin james

Hi I have just joined and I’m trying to look at some of the videos I can get up to the point of downloading but does not let me download I have tried this on my phone and my PC it’s like I’m not signed in but I am and I’ve paid to see the videos I have downloaded recommended player can anybody help thank you

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Hi Martin,

Took me a minute to figure out why my replies were bouncing... There was a typo in your registration, omitting the "s" in your email address so nothing I was sending could reach you - I did send another email to you last night but hadn’t received a reply 

Secondly - I show you as an active subscriber, shouldn’t be any issue downloading...

Can you tell me exactly what you’re experiencing so I can troubleshoot?

How are you trying to get to them?
Logged in for sure?
Any error messages?
Anything else?

Keen to help, just need something to go on - thanks.

[mention=10787]riffclown[/mention]and [mention=1]John Barresi[/mention] have been the ones who have assisted me with my past site issues. I know riffclown is on vacation and his response may be delayed today. I have no control over the site, but something you may want to try on your PC is using different browsers to see if it solves the issue. Respond back if it does/doesn't work. 
That being said, hang tight, I'm sure help is on the way. - Michael

Thanks for the reply know the different browser didn’t make a difference hopefully when he comes back from vacation he may be able to help thanks Martin

Ok, just tried logging in as you and had no problem downloading this file...

https://kitelife.com/forum/files/file/688-rev-tutorial-basic-hovers/

When I click download, I get this:

22FD4DA9-92E3-4746-A767-8C81292749C5.png

Clicking on any of the 3 links opens up a video file for me... Click to watch, or right click to “save as”.

A full and concise index of tutorials can be found here, with the “download” link taking you straight to each file’s actual repository:

http://kitelife.com/video-tutorials/#index

I seem to understand that you are finding the download links and they won’t actually download, but I need more info - are you getting an error message, blank page, or? I’m looking for the actual behavior, so I can find what’s wrong. ✌️

• Like 1

Ok, just tried logging in as you and had no problem downloading this file...
https://kitelife.com/forum/files/file/688-rev-tutorial-basic-hovers/
When I click download, I get this:
22FD4DA9-92E3-4746-A767-8C81292749C5.thumb.png.8ed76fb3b5fc35ed41ef5c77c95e6043.png
Clicking on any of the 3 links opens up a video file for me... Click to watch, or right click to “save as”.
A full and concise index of tutorials can be found here, with the “download” link taking you straight to each file’s actual repository:
http://kitelife.com/video-tutorials/#index
I seem to understand that you are finding the download links and they won’t actually download, but I need more info - are you getting an error message, blank page, or? I’m looking for the actual behavior, so I can find what’s wrong.

Hi I get through to picking the download when I click on the download I have no error messages are blue line starts but mainly stops and then I cannot down load I cannot download any of the YouTube’s that are free or or or or the ones I have to pay for I can watch the videos that up on the screen i.e. the basic over Martin

Hi Martin, I empathize with your situation but I cannot replicate the problem... The system is working, downloads work when logged in.

Have you confirmed that you’re logged in when you try to download? 

Have you tried multiple sizes of the same video? (HD, iPad, mobile)

Do you have to click download twice? You should, once on the tutorial page and once again when the box pops up.

I really want to help, but I’m not getting any technical info out of this so far that I can troubleshoot with.

4 hours ago, John Barresi said:

Hi Martin, I empathize with your situation but I cannot replicate the problem... The system is working, downloads work when logged in.

Have you confirmed that you’re logged in when you try to download? 

Have you tried multiple sizes of the same video? (HD, iPad, mobile)

Do you have to click download twice? You should, once on the tutorial page and once again when the box pops up.

I really want to help, but I’m not getting any technical info out of this so far that I can troubleshoot with.

Hi John I have now got it working thank you for your help but I didn’t know you was working with an idiot I was downloading The subtitles I was clicking download subtitles English sorry to waste your time glad I can get on learning thanks for your help Martin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1