KiteLife Forum

Djinn XT & HV available for pre-order!

John Barresi

Design work on the Djinn XT (extra vent) and HV (hardcore vent) from John Barresi and Brett Marchel is finally complete, both designs are now available for pre-order with fulfillment planned for October, get your order in now!

http://kiteforge.com/products/djinn

Customs are also available!
https://kitepaint.com/create/6

NOTE: If you previously purchased the suite of three kites (ST/MV/VT), you qualify for 15% off your purchase of the XT and/or HV - just send us a message for an easy coupon code. We’ll also come up with a special full suite package price for first time buyers at some point.

Thanks to all for your ongoing support!

https://www.facebook.com/166544997155368/posts/661702274306302?sfns=mo

• Like 4

John will have more exact figures - but the XT should be pretty close to any model's extra vent! And the HT looks more vented yet, more like Bazzer"s Megavent, thought the venting pattern is way different. I just got a Mega, waiting for enough wind to give it a maiden fly!! 

Either will give you more holes for higher winds .....!

Comparable wind ranges to say, the old B Pro XTRA and the Phoenix Mega... Due to the bridle however, the explosive (volatile) range of power doesn’t take over like on a traditional bridle, making high wind flying even smoother.

The other aspect, and it’s just my opinion, is that most of the extra and mega type vent kites in the world lose a lot performance as it goes up in venting, I worked really hard to keep a comparable handling across all 5 models in their respective wind ranges.

• Like 3

I am comfortable flying my FV in winds 20-25mph, but once it goes over, I can fly it, but it becomes work. I just want to make sure that the kite I choose has a good overlap on the bottom end to the FV. Are both the XT and HV easy enough to fly once the wind is up to ~15mph ? Of course, I assume the high end of both is in excess of 30mph, and much higher, it becomes unpleasant to be out on the beach, anyway...

• Like 1

XT is good over 15, the HV is a slug until around 23-24 but it really comes into it’s own in that range... All Djinn overlap by roughly 6 mph or more between each ascending model.

In fact, at about 14, we could probably fly the ST through XT in a team - ST heavily loaded, XT a hair on the soft side.

Overlap was also really important to me, after YEARS of having to regularly change both kite and frame for conditions when I flew B’s and other 1.5 type kite’s, but I haven’t changed a frame at all on the Djinns (except to experiment), and don’t change kites nearly as often, especially with the ability to open the Sync Bridle adjustment in higher winds.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi... Will the XT be available in the UK and do you have a supplier,  how much is the kite, any idea when and any idea of the cost of getting one over here???  Lots of Qs but the only option I can find in the UK is the Rev RX Spider and some of Forum regulars don't seen too impressed with way it's vented.

Hi... Will the XT be available in the UK and do you have a supplier,  how much is the kite, any idea when and any idea of the cost of getting one over here???  Lots of Qs but the only option I can find in the UK is the Rev RX Spider and some of Forum regulars don't seen too impressed with way it's vented.

You will have to order one one Kite Forge website. Not sure about shipping. I own a RX spider vent and it’s not comparable to the Djinn. John has put a lot of time in to make sure the kite performs to his expectations. The mesh material has bigger holes to let more air thru than the mid vent or vented Djinns.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Hi, sorry for the delay!

The Djinn isn’t made in enough quantity to supply shops, it’s just too detail oriented for us to mass produce - it’s really a boutique kite.

Happy to try and answer any questions, I’m quite passionate and usually love to talk shop. ;)