KiteLife Forum

Available:Phoenix Ashes

can anyone here tell me how a rev race frame compares to the p100 frame that's recommended for this kite?
 thanks!
 tom

You're going to find that Rev rods do not fit very well with the Phoenix end caps. If you are going to try them, I strongly recommend drilling out the caps a little bit.
The Pxxx frames work just fine.

Living the Dream; One Nightmare at a Time.

can anyone here tell me how a rev race frame compares to the p100 frame that's recommended for this kite?
 thanks!
 tom

You're going to find that Rev rods do not fit very well with the Phoenix end caps. If you are going to try them, I strongly recommend drilling out the caps a little bit.

I haven’t had any problems with the style of end caps on the Phoenix.

I used both a Revolution 2 wrap frame and Sky Shark P100s with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

It is a full sail, ... why modify/frame beyond it's intended wind range with thicker tubes?

The rods listed above are completely appropriate to this most excellent wing.  I use both Skyshark and Rev's tubes in mine, but I think right now (for WSIKF) it is a travel frame ~SS P-100 four pieces with two P-300s at the junction of the down-spars and top end-caps on the verticals. Verts' are diamonds travel-framed.  Mine is that same color scheme as yours above in the ad.

Black Race is a winner too, slap 'em in and spank it hard!!!

Bazzer didn't sew it for you maybe, but he certainly made SULs B-Pros on almost every model I ever acquired from him, from Zen to full vent 1.5s, at least 3 full sails and a couple of mid-vented models too, plus his masterpiece patriotic old glories (2) and a Sizzle Flame (1).  

I don't get the bridle, but sure wanted the SUL leading edge sleeve. After you know what you're doing,... who "drag launches" the leading edge sideways (inverted across the ground)? That is what a cartwheel does for you. 

Why add weight there unless it has to be done thru framing as a personal choice? Ah, but my first coach Jeff Burka builds his kites with thick Dacron LE sleeve and screening 'cause he wants that weight there, even his indoor Rev2 sized wings. (which he flies Up-Wind outside!)

Nope, everybody has got their own thing and very few of us are willing to change, just so we blend-in.

Ashes is designed as a light wind kite. I would think no more than 10-12mph as the upper range (personally I'd lean more towards 5-8mph).. You can add a heavier frame but in the end that will just promote stretching the sail material, and that's a one way trip.

IMO If you need more than a black race frame you should probably consider putting it into a vented sail for that particular day.

put it up in alleged 6mph, which was coming and going here in SE michigan, and it was "ok."  only stopped because i was facing into the sun and didn't put on any sunscreen. my face is already baked from coaching at outdoor pools, and i didn't need any more of that action.

now, though, i'm prepared and have alleged 8mph and am heading back out before it rains.

i have a regular rev 1.5 (bought here) that works well in 10-12 and above, so i don't need to wreck this one by flying in conditions that aren't good for it.

gee whiz, i wish i would have discovered this activity many years ago.  great fun, great people, what more could you ask for?

tom

• Like 1