KiteLife Forum

winddance by Seattle airgear - help needed

seth

Hi all. New here to the forum but I have a growing interest in kiting, and recently came across an issue I could use some help with. This place seems like a real hive of helpful info, so here goes...

I found on eBay last week a winddance 2, made by Seattle airgear. It was a bit of an impulse buy, but I was sucked in by the incredible claims on their (rather unusual) Website!

One of the issues though is that it didn't come with a manual... The seller doesn't have it... And the manual tells me how I should 'tune' the lower bridle on the kite (crucial for optimal FLYING experience, according to the website)

Does anyone still have one of these kites, or can remember how they used to use them, who could give me some pointers on tuning the bridle. Best would be if someone has a manual and they could post some pics of the relevant pages.

This would be a real help to me as I try to get the most out of my new kite.

Thanks all!!

Seth

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seth said:

Hi all. New here to the forum but I have a growing interest in kiting, and recently came across an issue I could use some help with. This place seems like a real hive of helpful info, so here goes...

I found on eBay last week a winddance 2, made by Seattle airgear. It was a bit of an impulse buy, but I was sucked in by the incredible claims on their (rather unusual) Website!

One of the issues though is that it didn't come with a manual... The seller doesn't have it... And the manual tells me how I should 'tune' the lower bridle on the kite (crucial for optimal FLYING experience, according to the website)

Does anyone still have one of these kites, or can remember how they used to use them, who could give me some pointers on tuning the bridle. Best would be if someone has a manual and they could post some pics of the relevant pages.

This would be a real help to me as I try to get the most out of my new kite.

Thanks all!!

Seth

Hi Seth;

I had a WindDance (or two) back in the day and I remember that they were well built and flew nicely. Mine were yellow ;)

There is at least one copy of the manual floating around on the internet that I am aware of and, as you may be aware, it appears that the kite has been out of production for well nigh a couple of decades. In the circumstances, as you state you are an actual owner, I would not hesitate to provide you with a link to the site or send you a copy from it. In the form I have it the order of the pages are somewhat jumbled  but readable and no doubt will be useful. Over 35 pages!

I will PM you accordingly.

Thank you! Much appreciated

I did actually get the kite up and flying yesterday. It was certainly quick (especially given the light winds) but it kept totally collapsing very suddenly, something I have not experienced before when flying other two line foils.

Hopefully a tweak to the bridles will rectify that.

The air gear website does have a link to a manual, but i found that the link was broken (or the file is corrupted, I'm not sure).

Thanks for the help

I have the pdf (and a yellow wind dance 2) but cannot post here. The file for it and hundreds of other kites can be found at http://windsweptkites.com/manuals.html - follow the link to the google documents and it is there.

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

• 1 year later...

Hi! I am trying to get a friends Wind Dance 3 kite in operating condition, but there are no instructions.

Is it possible that someone has a copy? The website above does not have anything, the Seattle Airgear site links all are 404 errors.

I don't even know exactly where i should be hooking the lines to!

Thanks in advance!

Robert, B.C.

Manual at: http://web.archive.org/web/20080726171928/http://www.seattleairgear.com/pdf/manual.pdf (post above is complete plans and manufacturing instructions - as of 2007 plans are public via WindDance) Also windswept Drive link still works for me)

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

• 2 years later...

I'm new to the group but was doing some research with the hope of selling my yellow Wind Dance 2 kite with original handles and cords. I believe I still have the paper copy of the instructions and the original flight bag. I bought it in about 1994 and used it somewhat, never got it wet and it isn't damaged in any way.

I know they're like trying to find Big Foot out there on the internet. The picture is me flying it about 20 years ago in the NW where I moved to from CA

Anyone know what a good price would be?

my email is dlgreathouse@gmail.com

wind dance 1.jpg