KiteLife Forum

tool box help

wen

i am going to make a box with some repare tools does someone have any ideas? :)

thanks!

Hello Wen!

How are you?

I hope you have fun this weekend at the New Jersey Competition! Good luck! And please say hello to your mom for me :D (and please give Scottie a hug for me :) )

Is this a tool box to fit in your kite bag and carry around with you while you travel? I think a good tool box is a small fishing tackle box. There are many shapes and sizes with lots of small compartments for putting parts in.

Some boxes have longer rectangle compartments that you can fit small tools in. I like the fact that most of these tackle boxes 'snap' shut tightly, and things won't fall out.

Also, go to a craft store and look at the boxes for beads. Again, lots of different shapes and sizes.

Small needles nose plyers are a must.

sand paper or an emery board.

small hand saw with a fine blade.

small flat screwdriver. (easy to pry off c-clips with)

scissors.

small pieces of tedlar patch tape

some lengths of extra bridle line (if you need to make new tension lines on the wing tip nocks)

small bottle of glue

Just a few suggestions.....I always seem to need more than what will fit!

Good to see you posting!

Theresa

ps.....e-mail me your address in RI and I'll send you some goodies to start your box off with

thanks, John and Thereasa for looking out for Wen

We got some help from friends on the field in Newport non-festival event....and realize that we shall prepare a repairing kit to go with us. Wen is digging deeper into the field now and had been flying on Scott's supply since June. Today we will start asembling a set to begin with. thank you for the tips.

we also need to prepare line sets with different length and strength for practice in varied wind/space circumstances.

with a grateful heart

Litsong

ps: wen's mom is not very good at Rev now, :)

She is getting comfortable with it so it's a good start.

thanks, John and Thereasa for looking out for Wen

We got some help from friends on the field in Newport non-festival event....and realize that we shall prepare a repairing kit to go with us. Wen is digging deeper into the field now and had been flying on Scott's supply since June. Today we will start asembling a set to begin with. thank you for the tips.

we also need to prepare line sets with different length and strength for practice in varied wind/space circumstances.

with a grateful heart

Litsong

ps: wen's mom is not very good at Rev now, :)

She is getting comfortable with it so it's a good start.

Hello Litsong!

Wait...I have box going out in the mail today for Wen :)

It will get him started on his tool box needs.

Glad to hear he's enjoying flying!

Hope you both had a good time at NJ :(

Theresa