KiteLife Forum

hq flowform 7.0

ant man

i have an hq flowform 7.0 and i dont know how to tie a daizy chain for the time being ive been putting my bridle in a loop in the middle and i fold up the kite around it so far its working without a problem but a daizy chain would be better thanks all

Thats a pretty good site Dorsal, a picture is worth a thousand words for sure! We have been daisy chain'ing our lines for a long time now, especially on our power kites. It makes setup and takedown a zillion times faster and you usually have less line tangles or twists doing it that way.

The easiest way we have found to do a chain is to first make a loop in the end of the line where you are going to start your chain, then twist it around once or twice, reach through the loop in the direction you are going to do your chain and pull the line through. Keep pulling until the line goes into a soft knot, this will make your starting loop. Once your starting loop is done then just reach through the loop and pull the line through to make another loop, then reach through that loop and make another loop....keep doing this until you have looped up your entire line. Tie the end off with a loose overhand knot or clip it with a caribiener for storage. If you are looping up a long line then put your kite into the bag and leave it on the ground as you loop the lines up. The light drag of the kite will help keep your loops nice and even while you walk/loop towards your stake.

To undo the chain, just unclip (or untie) the loose knot on the front and pull the line, all of the loops should pull out with very little effort. The end loop (the one you twisted and tied to start the chain) may need a little stronger tug but it too will pull right out with very little effort.

There is also a way to do a "double loop" that will turn a 100' set of lines into a 15' to 20' chain. This is a little more complicated to explain but once you do it, it is very simple. To do the double loop you start it the exact same way as a single. Make a loop, twist it around and then pull the line through to make the starting loop. Before you reach through to grab the line and pull it through your starting knot, take your other hand and pull the line that you are going to be looping up to the side and then with your first (original) hand, pull the line through the starting loop as normal. What you will end up with is two loops, one in your right hand and one in your left. Alternate pulling the line through the loops with both hands, pull through with your right, then with your left, then with your right...etc. When you get to your stake then just tie both loops together in a very loose bowtie knot.

If you have two or even four lines, just treat all four lines as one line and loop them all up at the same time just the same as if there is only one line. They will all go together and pull out without any hassle at all. On my Rev's and dual line kites I will usually just wind those on a winder. The lines on those kites can be very small and I feel better just wrapping them up on a winder instead of looping. Plus they are usually shorter and much smaller in diameter than the power kites or large single line kites so the winders are pretty simple. On my large SLK's with extensive bridle systems the loop system works wonders and keeps all those lines exactly where they can be controlled. Once looped just stuff them inside of a fold of the kite and they are out of the way and tangle free!

Hope this helps.