KiteLife Forum

Looking for Sport Kite

The_Gregors

Hey all, I am starting to fly again after about 5 years of life getting in the way. I was looking at the dual line selection at Prism’s site and they have really reduced their sport kite offerings. Is anything up with them?  I wanted to order a Quantum Pro and it has been discontinue along with several other carbon frame models. 

Besides Prism Kites, what brand(s) should I look at for lighter wind sport flying.  Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, TubaKite said:

But I highly recommend shopping around, you never know who's having a sale.

Got a couple factory 2nd blemished kites for 1/2 price. Spent the big bucks on Sky Sport Design for the low winds.1 new the other used. After having a Prism Zephyr and Skyburner Pro Dancer the cost was worth it for me. The AC SUL has a 2 point frame that I can get up in .5 mph on 75' x 50# lines and will do some stuff in 1. Not very good yet and still leary of doing alot on the kite below 3 on short lines. From 2 to 10 the kite is sweet on 120' x 50#. The Tekken SUL is a 2 to 15 that handles my inland gusty winds extremely well. Kite I always want to fly the most. Pricier than a Quantum Pro but after researching a lot of kites went the Lam route. BMK Mamba UL is the only U.S. made kite I know of right now. R Sky at some Canadian shops are nicely priced. At my current skill a Level One Badass UL would probably have been the wiser purchase. They weren't being sold in the U.S. at the time. Don't regret my AC it's just going to take a lot more practice to justify the cost. Good thing is as I get better on it the skills are translating to all my other kites surprisingly well. I've renamed the kite Patience. Yeah,yeah naming kites is kinda silly but I can't help it. My 2nd choice was Air One in France. Being able to call Lam was the deciding factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, TubaKite said:

I will second that! But I highly recommend shopping around, you never know who's having a sale.

I can't find the Silver Fox 2.2 (2018) at very many shops at any price.  Lots of the the old designs, though.  (2.5 and 2.3).

I can't find the Silver Fox 2.2 (2018) at very many shops at any price.  Lots of the the old designs, though.  (2.5 and 2.3).

The Kite Shoppe has several 2.2 silver fox kites in stock. I own two of them and they are great kites for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

6 minutes ago, khsidekick said:

The Kite Shoppe has several 2.2 silver fox kites in stock. I own two of them and they are great kites for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Yeah, I know.  I was responding to the "shop around" comment.  The Kite Shoppe is about the only place I see them stateside.  I think you can buy direct from Lam, too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...