KiteLife Forum

Karma drawing Kite roll up bag 11-17-19

DTill

Since I won a red white and blue Rokk in the last drawing. I'll  post the next karma drawing for Veterans Day. Up for the next karma drawing is a barely used Prism Bora 7. Flown twice, it includes genuine Lincoln City beach sand from the 2019 summer and fall kite festivals. Color is lime / citrus, line is included.

prism-kites-bora-p7-bora2-fly-sky-frost.jpg

20191020_151011.jpg

Some rules and guidelines:

Don’t play unless you’re willing to put up a prize and ship it to whoever wins.

Shipping is paid by the original poster, the winner pays nothing. Be prepared to ship your prize anywhere in the lower 48 US States. Sorry, but due to shipping costs, we really have to limit this to the lower 48 US States.

RULE CHANGE (7/31/2014): Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost. The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

You can choose the length of the giveaway, but keep it between 1 and 2 weeks.

Try to ship the prize promptly. You should be able to ship it within a week, but if you can’t, PM the winner and let them know. Sometimes life gets in the way! This whole thing works on the honor system so if there are any problems shipping or receiving a prize, it needs to be worked out between the two parties. Don’t forget…Karma!

This isn’t a competition, but feel free to be generous! If you can only put up a hat, or a tail for a stunt kite, great! If you have something in your kite bag that you never fly and would be willing to ship, that’s great too. Either way, the people that join to win it will appreciate it.

When you receive your prize, post a thank you to the thread where you won it.  

The thread will be locked after that point so the new **KARMA** stays above it.

Good luck, and have fun! 

• Like 1

• riffclown pinned and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Since this drawing was a bust, and community opinions suggest that I should offer something more substantial...I'll offer up the 2nd burrito kite bag I made ....40" allowing it to be used for DLK as well as quads. This drawing is for the black bag with the black & white pin striping referenced in the attached thread . This should create a lot more interest in this karma drawing :) Drawing to be held Sunday 11/17

• Like 1

• DTill changed the title to Karma drawing Kite roll up bag 11-17-19

It is always slow in the winter. In years past John has suspended Karma drawings a few months then brought them back. You really do an excellent job on the bags. I really like the one you had in Lincoln City. It is Unique, I recognized your bag before you in the crowd the second day. Good luck.

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, makatakam said:

Sure, I want to get a lot of stuff shipped to me that's been handled by a lot of people I don't know between the time it's shipped and delivered so it can be exposed to as many viruses as possible before it arrives. 

NO. I THINK WE SHOULD MINIMIZE THE SPREAD OF DISEASE BY NOT CREATING UNNECESSARY CONTACT AMONG PEOPLE OF DISTANT REGIONS. WHY TAKE THE CHANCE OF CAUSING ILLNESS OR EVEN DEATH? LET'S GIVE IT ANOTHER MONTH.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Karma drawings and have participated many times. The better we isolate, the sooner we can get our lives back to normal. 

That is also a valid point.. Perhaps set the drawing date out a month to mitigate the risks???

Personally I'll now open boxes outside and only bring the contents in. The boxes will go straight to the refuse..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, riffclown said:

That is also a valid point..

Sorry, the reason you don't see my post is that I deleted it because I posted it without checking if coronavirus was transmittable by objects. I was assuming it was since they keep saying to clean frequently touched surfaces and not touch my face. I don't know for sure if it can be and am researching that.

• Like 1

I think they say 72 hours.

We get groceries delivered, take out food, Amazon deliveries, all still happening - getting one package from a KL member shouldn't be handled any different.

I say make it a PSA moment too, and if folks don't want to leave it in the garage for 3-4 days, they don't have to play. 

Whatevers clever, seriously - I'll leave it up to all of you, long as it's conscientious. 😘 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Barresi said:

I think they say 72 hours.

We get groceries delivered, take out food, Amazon deliveries, all still happening - getting one package from a KL member shouldn't be handled any different.

I say make it a PSA moment too, and if folks don't want to leave it in the garage for 3-4 days, they don't have to play. 

Whatevers clever, seriously - I'll leave it up to all of you, long as it's conscientious. 😘 

I think it's prudent to err on the side of caution. If the risk is avoidable . . . 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, riffclown said:

That is also a valid point.. Perhaps set the drawing date out a month to mitigate the risks???

Personally I'll now open boxes outside and only bring the contents in. The boxes will go straight to the refuse..

I've been sketched out to pickup the mail and have postponed ordering things lately. I'm not ordering takeout or anything from Amazon. Trying to minimize any chance of exposure.I completely forgot about this drawing.  Now that I look back thru this thread, I don't even have that bag anymore. Traded a full vent and the bag for a Power blast 2-4. I do have 7 yards of HyperD 300 from rip stop by the roll. So I could build another one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cot51stState said:

Dodd commented on a post saying that he didn't even own one now. He didn't take me up on my offer to send mine to him... and now this. I'm going to have to take it out and fly it because I apparently can't give it away 🤣

@Cot51stState Looks like you have your green light to start it back up..

• riffclown unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic