KiteLife Forum

Welcome J Mack

John Barresi

Hello @J Mack,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Thank you John,

My daughter and I got into flying kites around 2000 as a way to have some fun together without the stress of competition, at the time she was competing on a factory BMX team traveling around the country and flying kites was the perfect distraction. I ended up on the Kite Connection web forum and started buying more higher end kites and ended up at the first couple of kite parties then the hook was set, we ended up flying kites a lot in the early 2000’s and started collecting kites we thought were interesting thinking this hobby would be a long term family thing but in 2005 I got a job offer in Boise Idaho. With moving, new job, new schools, life and a million other excuses the kites got put in a hall closet and forgotten about until a couple weeks ago when my wife found the bags and asked what I wanted to do with them.

After a couple of days going down memory lane remembering all the good times I need to find homes for some of these kites, we are going to keep the sentimental kites and teach the grandbabies how to fly but I have several kites that have never been flown and several I can’t remember the manufacture or the kite name. Looking on the internet for more info led me to your site, I would like to post some photos and ask your membership for help identifying some of these kites and coming up with a fair value if that request is appropriate here.

Regards,

Jim Mack