KiteLife Forum

Help identifying Joel Sholz kite please

I have acquired a Joel Scholz signature series kite exclusively from “Go Fly a Kite.” I have looked for this kite online and cannot find one. I’ve searched terms like “dragon,” “Pterodactyl,” and various birds to no avail.  Does anyone know what this particular model is called and/or if it’s worth anything? Thank you. 

IMG_7160.jpeg

Howdy,

A quick Google image search turned up the following image [link]:

download.thumb.jpg.2ffdc24d2b0f644fb2ebf54bda965277.jpg

You weren't far off searching for Pterodactyl, as the kite seems to be named after another flying reptile Dimorphodon.

The kite in the catalogue has the colours of the wings inverted, but hopefully this leads you to more info on your specific variant.

Steady breezes!

After a second look, the image I shared last night looks to only be a 2-D render of the Dimorphodon, so maybe these weren't the final production colours?

I scratched around a bit more this morning, and came across a feature on Joel Scholz' kites from the AKA Facebook page [link].

A few comments down is a photo of the Dimorphodon shared by Joel [link] with colours matching yours!

278295257_344478667715947_7421229376935184652_n.thumb.jpg.2f9bfb764dd698d7624fcc04c4ad45b7.jpg

While digging around the internet looking for something else I came across the Windswept Kites site. One of the pages [link] directs to a Google Drive containing various manuals and catalogues.

In the 'Single line Kites' folder you'll find the instructions for the Sky Delights Dimorphodon.