KiteLife Forum

Rev Tutorial - Body, Posture and Grip

(6 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one exploring the methodology and application of handle grip, body position and posture, as well as hand and arm position.One of the keys to successful Rev flying is being relaxed and comfortable, using hand and arm positions which grant you the most leverage with the least effort.

NOTE: A reliable (and free) cross-platform video player is VLC, which should work with any file format including MKV.

Subtitles:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

peter.dutton.

I have just received my first Djinn vented including the Pro Handles. I tried to fly with too little wind with no effect.

With wind 6-15 brilliant. Messing around with leader lengths found what I considered a good starting point.

Problem_ I have small hands, my middle fingers will not grip the handle (Duy...... Syndrome.) Trying to use JB,s Hand positions becomes difficult-

If I place thumb on top of the handle my index fingers above the foam grip. I then lower my index finger my thumb is then on the back of the top tube. I can use my ring and little finger to hold the Foam. At present I am tempted to fashion a moulded thumb rest on the back face of the top tube.

With the grip I am using I am able to give brake input Sideways 0-80 so I am towards JB,s ideal

Any views on fashioning extra moulding on handles? Or any solutions to my Grip style

Link to review
Bunduki Vlieger

I did my practice today in glorious weather. Surprisingly I find the change of the grip position very difficult. I understand the background and the intention in John's recommendation - but I find it difficult to implement it. Small tutorial - big effect!

Response from the author:

Did you re-tune your leaders with the new grip, or set up and tune as usual and THEN try the new grip? 😇

• Like 1
Link to review