KiteLife Forum

Bridle Measurements for the Cherry Bomb

JoneZ

Lookin for the factory bridle measurements for the NTK Cherry Bomb. I've been trying and trying with NTK, emailed and no response, called and got told to send an email. Im pretty frustrated honestly, and don't want to deal with NTK again.

any Help would be appreciated guys. :wacko:

Thanks a Tonne!

~Jon

Thanks to UPNET, NOT New Tech Kites..... for these bridle measurements.

15 1/4" - upper outhaul

13" - middle stabilizer

16 1/4" - Lower outhaul

20" - inhaul

After months of being ignored by New Tech, I asked a fellow member, and got the measurements within 10 minutes. Thanks bro!

Is NTK always like this? I mean, I emailed, called, emailed and called (and got told to email. lol), and got no response. At no time was I rude or brash -- quite the contrary actually.

If I was a kite dealer, I don't think I could do business with them in good faith, having gone through that. They may produce a few good kites, but man... Customer service = Fail!

• 1 year later...

Hey JoneZ,

Hope you are still around to read this...

Would you mind sending me a picture of the bridle all put together, where they all meet?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi Mesnik,

I also ran across this post by JoneZ:

...and this http://www.kitelife.com/magazine/issue41/cherrybomb41/content.php

Keep It Up!

Duane

Yep! JoneZ's the cherry bomber!

I haven't heard from him for awhile, but I'm sure he's out there. I'm indebted to him for telling me about "Kitelife"...yeah John, you can blame JoneZ for me! :) heehee!

Keep It Up!

Duane

I got to went out for an hour during lunch time and the wind here in Michigan was not strong and a bit gusty. I stuck to the length I had (original from factory) and played with the inhaul for a while.

I don't have much to compare to but when the wind was up the kite was going. I need a better more consistent windy day to test it out some more. What I find a bit strange is that all four sections of each side of the bridle don't seem to stay taught when just letting the kite hang. And when flying, I could see the bottom portion of the inhaul kind of dangling...

I may need to take a trip to a kite store (about an hour away) and talk to some one... It will probably be easier?!