KiteLife Forum

Welcome NojRemmah

Hello @NojRemmah,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Well isn't that refreshing?

Even if it was automated, it's been quite some time since I've been personally welcomed on a forum!

Where to begin? well isn't that the greatest question of them all?
As I sit here in analysis paralysis debating how to introduce myself, I find it quite the humorous situation.
See I've been staring at kites for a couple weeks now....

Hold up, lets back up!

New to the world of kiting, so much so you could say I'm an Embryo. I've been fascinated with flight since i was a child, dreams of being a test pilot were soon squandered when I grew too tall to fit in an experimental cockpit. Ok private flyer here i come, well a triple stroke grounded me for life at 30, and with that my dreams of ever flying.

I pushed it to the back of my mind and went to school for aeronautical engineering, if i can't fly em i can at least design em, am i right?!? Well, that it turns out wasn't quite for me. I'm now a full ride drop out.

That got me into metal work (ha I'd love to see a metal kite fly, maybe I'll start designs!) which got me a workplace accident and fucked my bowling arm. I can't quite roll a ball and have been looking for a solid hobby since, fast forward 3 years and ya know what? I missed the Detroit Kite fest by mere hours. Hell I didn't even know kite fests were a thing until i saw the last remnants packing up as i went for an evening cruise around Belle Isle.

And that my friends, a mere happenstance of borderline perfect timing has reminded me of my lifelong passion and interested me in this new (to me) hobby.

So with that, I wrap up my longwinded introduction, Hello and Howdy-Do to you all.
Hopefully I glean some insight as to how to even begin my journey down this rabbit hole, throughout these forums, and pretty soon I'll be wrapping up lines not just text!

May the wind forever guide you,
-Derek