KiteLife Forum

HQ Flow: Recommendations/Experience

Knuckles_616

Not quite new to kiting, but looking to buy my first kite in about 20 years!

I live in an area with average wind speeds between ~8-12 km/h (~5-7.5 mph). I plan to mostly fly on sports fields (and maybe the odd parking lot), and am looking for something smaller in size (<1.8 m/70").

Options in South Africa are pretty limited, but a local store has the HQ Flow (at a very decent price too!)

I'm not familiar with HQ, but their kites look quite capable from the few YouTube videos I've watched.

So my questions are: how sturdy is the Flow is (i.e., will it survive the occasional nose dive into a soccer pitch), or should I be looking for something a bit more durable (e.g., HQ Limbo II, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

• Knuckles_616 changed the title to HQ Flow: Recommendations/Experience

Bit of an update.

While browsing the forums and reading up on open source kite plans, I came across a similar topic from 2021--oddly enough I'd missed this when specifically searching for the term "HQ Flow" 🤦‍♂️

Nonetheless, I'd also come across two YouTube videos by gokitinggr showing the Flow in action:

Part 1: Mostly light-no wind conditions and tomfoolery until the 05:20 minute mark

Part 2: Some tricks after adding a tail weight

Interestingly, the kite in the video doesn't have Flow printed on it, whereas photos from the HQ website (below) do 🤔

1276239637_HQFlow.thumb.jpg.86fa3128c97bed6932fbe1c910adf28d.jpg

Anyway, my Flow should arrive early next 😄