KiteLife Forum

Mid Vent B-Series

John Barresi

Finally got some air time on a mid vent...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4549688913625085784

John,

Just looked at your video!! Absolutely fantastic and wonderful!! Kites can't really do that, can they?

Somewhere out there, there might be a better flyer, but only God knows who or where!

What were the winds that day? And what length line were you using?

Thanks again.

Dominic & Pat

• 2 weeks later...

John

Just watched the Video. Had to watch several times. :kid_drool: Still not sure how you did those things.

The catch and throw. The flip front to back. The axel (tried this not a pretty sight :w00t: ) and most of the other stuff I am still working on.

You by far make all these this look so easy.. Great Job :)

Is the mid vent easier to control than the vented and the b-series? I thought the vented was for higher winds, not the 3-6 mph winds the video said?

See Ya in Brookings B)

I wouldn't say that the either standard, mid-vent or vented is easier to control than the other.

The venting lends a smoothness to the controls, but they're the same inputs basically.

The mid-vent IS for the middle to upper range, that was just the wind I had on the day I got to test it... That video was my first flight ever on a mid-vent.

You've got to make one of our clinics, will really clarify a lot of things, with minimal effort. :kid_drool:

Yea I missed the Seaside Clinic. :kid_drool:

Will you be going to the Labor Day function in Crescent City with the Windchasers of Southern Oregon?

You introduced me to the Jump last year. See the Members Gallery photos of the Octopi in the ski in Lincoln City, three have me and the jump.

I am trying to buy a SUL Sea Devil from Lam now and next would be a vented or mid vent REV 1.5. :w00t: