KiteLife Forum

Favorite kite books?

John Barresi

When I bought my first dualiner, which was a Quantum by Prism, I got a hold of some of David Gomberg's books. One was "Stunt Kites" and the other was "Sport Kite Magic" (both out of print).

I couldn't get videos on my computer then, so these books were really great! I got my basic learning and my start in kiting from them!!

========

I noticed that David wrote some field pamphlets that were named the "Best Kite Accessory of the Year" by the Kite Trade Association International. http://www.windpowersports.com/accessories/books.html

I haven't read them, but I'm glad he's still writing...he a good writer. He has a way of making things simple...at least for me!

Keep It Up!

Duane

I have a few kite books, but none of them really favorite. I've been looking at the new "Widget" at the bottom of the page. I have some of those (Pelham and Greger), but see a few that I plan to get. I really like the looks of the Japanese Prints book. (Just bought it; ain't tabbed browsers wonderful?)

BTW, buying through the Widget sends a little rebate to the Forum and doesn't cost you anything extra.

And BTW to JB: I saw some other Kite books on Amazon. If you can add them to the Widget, I'd probably buy them through Kitelife.

I have a few kite books, but none of them really favorite. I've been looking at the new "Widget" at the bottom of the page. I have some of those (Pelham and Greger), but see a few that I plan to get. I really like the looks of the Japanese Prints book. (Just bought it; ain't tabbed browsers wonderful?)

BTW, buying through the Widget sends a little rebate to the Forum and doesn't cost you anything extra.

And BTW to JB: I saw some other Kite books on Amazon. If you can add them to the Widget, I'd probably buy them through Kitelife.

Yeah...if you could get David Gomberg's field guides on your Widget thing:

I'd buy a set!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Search away, all sales through this link earns a small percentage for Kitelife. :)

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=kitelifemagaz-20&o=1&p=26&l=ur1&category=books&banner=0GDEZK2MM2XGCEH7M202&f=ifr" border="0" marginwidth="0" style="border: medium none;" frameborder="0" height="60" width="468" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<noscript>Amazon.com Widgets</noscript>

Search away, all sales through this link earns a small percentage for Kitelife. :ani_idea:

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=kitelifemagaz-20&o=1&p=26&l=ur1&category=books&banner=0GDEZK2MM2XGCEH7M202&f=ifr" border="0" marginwidth="0" style="border: medium none;" frameborder="0" height="60" width="468" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<noscript>Amazon.com Widgets</noscript>

I'll have to take a look. I never bought a kite book. Maybe that's why I don't know what the ;) I'm doing, but I :P it anyway !!

:)

I think this means that it doesn't have to be a kite book, just that you enter the Amazon site by clicking that link.

In the URL is a 'tag' that lets Amazon know that you "came" from the Kitelife site and gives a bit of a rebate to Kiteife. (No change of price to you, the buyer.)

I probably get 10 to 15 packages a week (4 today f'rinstance, including the Japan Kite Prints book) from Amazon, so I will try to set up my system to always enter using that link.

I'm not sure that all things sold through Amazon qualify for the rebate.

I think this means that it doesn't have to be a kite book, just that you enter the Amazon site by clicking that link. In the URL is a 'tag' that lets Amazon know that you "came" from the Kitelife site and gives a bit of a rebate to Kiteife. (No change of price to you, the buyer.) I probably get 10 to 15 packages a week (4 today f'rinstance, including the Japan Kite Prints book) from Amazon, so I will try to set up my system to always enter using that link. I'm not sure that all things sold through Amazon qualify for the rebate.

Correct on all counts.

Most (but not all) items qualify, whether it's a book or a TV, rubber bands or a whole living room furniture set...

Enter through that link, and all your Amazon purchases during that visit will potentially kick a few pennies over to KL.

Thanks Pete. :)