KiteLife Forum

Beginning Ballet

• 3 years later...

Remember, when all else fails Dave, have fun... That may sound cliche, but it's not. :blue-cool:

We already have enough stress in our lives so at the times I've found myself getting to nervous and/or sloppy, I've gotten into the habit of reminding myself to be relaxed, to trust in the skills I've gained so far... On top of that, you can probably take comfort in the fact "this won't be the last competition", and you'll be able to take your experiences into the next event or category.

If you did indeed have a good time, then you're sure to come back for more.

Also something that really helped me, talk to the chief judge, or other respected judges on each panel that judged your individual events (ballet, precision, etc)... They'll generally be happy to provide constructive feedback... It's up to you to ask in such a way that they don't feel put on the spot, and that you simply absorb the information given to you without being offended.

I've found a lot of personal growth in sport kite competition, to me it's an honorable, clean and creative sport. ;)

• 3 months later...

Great article. I never thought I'd be interested in more than just flying in the park. But after reading this article my kite flying has taken a new direction. I'm going to have a go at a few BASKL events this coming year. Thanks for the inspiration.

Denny