KiteLife Forum

Any Rev flyer's in Bothell, WA?

Penny Lingenfelter

Hi Penny

I'm in Bothell but it's a case of the Vryy Very Very nearly blind helping the blind, but better then nothing if no one else shows up.

Glenn Day

grd750 (at) gmail (dot) com

425 823-9325

Hi All,

Patrick and Mia have their first Rev. Anyone in the Bothell area that can hook up with him for some good pointers? It will be a few weeks before I can get over there. he's excited and ready to fly now.

BB

Penny

Thank you Glen,

You and Rachel would be a great start. Skitch? Are you in here? Did you see this? Maybe I better email you. :mf_party: We'll all have to get together over there some Saturday. Looking forward to it. :mf_party:

PS Glenn, Be sure and tell Rachel thank you for the pics. I'm hard on myself. I feel 16 and look 50 go figure. :) No amount of camera skills can do away with that. :) She did great with what she was working on. :)

BB Penny

Hi Penny

I'm in Bothell but it's a case of the Vryy Very Very nearly blind helping the blind, but better then nothing if no one else shows up.

Glenn Day

grd750 (at) gmail (dot) com

425 823-9325

Hi All,

Patrick and Mia have their first Rev. Anyone in the Bothell area that can hook up with him for some good pointers? It will be a few weeks before I can get over there. he's excited and ready to fly now.

BB

Penny

Hello Penny.....;thanks for the help. I was out of town all weekend. Actually went to Ocean Shores and flew kites. Sat was horrible with rain but Sunday was a sunshiny day and beautiful. I actually spent some time with the REV and am not nearly as intimidated by it as I was before. I could actually keep it in the air....even do turns and keep it from crashing. I'm on my way. I will try to get in touch with Glenn and see if he wants to meet to fly sometime. I am actually in Edmonds area.

If there is anyone out there that flys their REV on a regular basis and would not mind me tagging along and taking advantage of their knowledge....please let me know. I would love to hook up and fly.

If anyone knows of any decent areas North of Seattle to practice...PLEASE chime in and let me know. Good flying fields are few and far between it seems.

Thanks again.........

Patrick :sign_kitelife:

• 1 month later...
Hello Penny.....;thanks for the help. I was out of town all weekend. Actually went to Ocean Shores and flew kites. Sat was horrible with rain but Sunday was a sunshiny day and beautiful. I actually spent some time with the REV and am not nearly as intimidated by it as I was before. I could actually keep it in the air....even do turns and keep it from crashing. I'm on my way. I will try to get in touch with Glenn and see if he wants to meet to fly sometime. I am actually in Edmonds area.

If there is anyone out there that flys their REV on a regular basis and would not mind me tagging along and taking advantage of their knowledge....please let me know. I would love to hook up and fly.

If anyone knows of any decent areas North of Seattle to practice...PLEASE chime in and let me know. Good flying fields are few and far between it seems.

Thanks again.........

Patrick :P

I'm a newbie and just started to fly my REV. Blame Barresi. I've also traveled to Ocean Shore alot lately to fly. Long Drive for a day. Talked to the owner at 4 Winds Kite Shop on Broadway in Everett and he gave me a map tp their flying feild on the Everett waterfront. It's at the Marina Park Boat Launch on the left side if the entrance. Not much but it has enought room to move and it isn't a 2hr drive. Take Marine View Drive exit off I-5. Follow around and it will be on the right. He said that they were going to fly either MOnday or Thursday evening. I think their Dualies. Weekends might not be bad if the crowd doesn't overflow. I'm going to try it. Oh, by the way I'm a Bothellite and hope to become a regular flyer. Maybe we can hook up sometime.

ewl.. New flyer's new flyers... lol Hope to see you all out there. I am going to try to make it to Ocean shores this Sunday. Two birthdays and the kids leave for a month, so I'm not promising anything... but I want to go!

BB

Penny ~trying to learn to master her kiteflying passion.

Skitch, you making it out to Ocean Shores?

I might not be there until late Friday night, but I'll be there. :kid_devlish:

I'm going to give it my best shot. Spent the 3 day weekend in Westport and had a great time despite the fact that I was in the hospital for surgery last Tuesday.....still recovering now.

If nothing else...I'm going to try and make it for all day Saturday.....might have to head home on Sat night or Sun morning. Would love to meet you guys and say hello to Penny....and of course practice with my Rev.

Hope to see you there.

P

I'm going to give it my best shot. Spent the 3 day weekend in Westport and had a great time despite the fact that I was in the hospital for surgery last Tuesday.....still recovering now.

If nothing else...I'm going to try and make it for all day Saturday.....might have to head home on Sat night or Sun morning. Would love to meet you guys and say hello to Penny....and of course practice with my Rev.

Hope to see you there.

P

I'll be out there also on Saturday and part of Sunday. Maybe we can hookup and fly a bit. I've got directions to the feild in Everett.

Hope to see you there.

P

I'll be out there also on Saturday and part of Sunday. Maybe we can hookup and fly a bit. I've got directions to the feild in Everett.

Jatman,

That sounds good....I'll let you know if I'm going to go...I should find out by this evening...(Friday). Have to see if the wife is going to be out of town or not. If she is...I might drive out anyway...and bring my 3 year old. The only problem with that is that I will not be able to fly...but at least we could check out the festival and have some great Dad/Daughter time. I'll let you know. Do you have a laptop that will be going with you.....so that you can check messages.....if not I'll send you an email with my cel #...or you can send me yours. Have a good time either way.

P

If you're goin to WSIKF, Skitch, I'd love to fly with ya. If not you should try to make it over to Spokane sometime. (That's where I am)

Watty,

Sounds good. I will definitely be at WSIKF. Spokane.....yikes...so far away and so hot. HA HA HA.

I'll let you know if I ever get out that way. Maybe you could give me a few lessons.

P