KiteLife Forum

WSIKF Indoor Fly

John F

Are you staying at the Thousand Trails camp site?? I'm staying there with my G-ma. We're ruffin' it in her RV :sq-sad: . I think this year they will have wireless internet throughout the entire camp site!

hello penny and watty

we are also looking forward meeting you.

just hope we have our video thing good in hands.

about the tent, Penny, when will you be there? I so far plan to be there from Sunday to sunday

if you tell me when you will be there, i can see if your tent may help us a great deal (lowering luggage volumn too)

about the campsite,

we had reservation in wildwood campsite, i think it is quite near the kite site, and it has internet.

today i asked Wen to train me so i get to fly pair with him in the long run.

we shook hands over dinner (yeah, i had a glass of wine before i proposed)

now he gets excited that his sherpa will be his flying mate.

I hope i catch up with him soon enough before he lose faith.

anyway, i am happy with my new resolution!

Litsong

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Litsong!

Ohhhh...too bad about your tent!!!

That is great that Penny has an extra one for you to borrow.

Penny.....are you and Steve camping at Wildwood again this year too? We get there Sunday. :sq-sad:

Litsong.....Enterprise on East Mill Plain is the closest. I think it's 7405 E Mill Plain.

Wen......too cool! Your Serpa and you for pairs!! Dual line AND Quad line??? ;):D

Spence.....I think you and Wen are going to hit it off just great together! :P

T

Sunday to Sunday heh?

I am off all week, too, but I wasn't sure if I was going to get down there right away. I"m going to meander and see friends, but I can make it down there on Sunday if two things happpen.

REMIND ME!~ lol I'll be packing, playing and be bopping all over. Remind me before I leave. I'll put a not ein my van. Then, where can we meet up? At the beach!!!! OK, Liftsong, you will have to find me on the beach. ;) That usually isn't a problem.

We can pass notes to people.. Penny was here.. but she's gone to find so and so.... she'll meet you on the beach.. oh, Penny was here, she went to go to the restroom... she'll be back.. Oh, Penny was here.. she went to get a kite out of the van..

OH.. Are you Liftsong?! She left this for you!!

:) We will make it work!

Tia, I'm probably staying at Andy's .. free camping, hot tub... friends..you know.. Everything Wildwood has, but further away. :)

Wen? Can you fly on the wheels, with the kite, blindfolded with only one foot down?

You two should be fun to watch! (

(Spence and Wen)

See you all soon. BB Penny ~Who now will be at Long Beach on Sunday. :g:

Sunday to Sunday heh?

I am off all week, too, but I wasn't sure if I was going to get down there right away. I"m going to meander and see friends, but I can make it down there on Sunday if two things happpen.

REMIND ME!~ lol I'll be packing, playing and be bopping all over. Remind me before I leave. I'll put a not ein my van. Then, where can we meet up? At the beach!!!! OK, Liftsong, you will have to find me on the beach. :) That usually isn't a problem.

We can pass notes to people.. Penny was here.. but she's gone to find so and so.... she'll meet you on the beach.. oh, Penny was here, she went to go to the restroom... she'll be back.. Oh, Penny was here.. she went to get a kite out of the van..

:g: We will make it work!

Tia, I'm probably staying at Andy's .. free camping, hot tub... friends..you know.. Everything Wildwood has, but further away. :)

Wen? Can you fly on the wheels, with the kite, blindfolded with only one foot down?

(Spence and Wen)

See you all soon. BB Penny ~Who now will be at Long Beach on Sunday. :)

hello penny

we just had a great weekend in Brenton Point park in Newport last weekend.

two more events before WSIKF !

we will be in vancouver WA from 8/11, and most likely to go to the long beach on 8/17.

every excited about meeting people in reality after reading the forum for so long.

i am very amused about my new name from you

Liftsong, ah, you are probably right (will talk to you more about my names later when we meet).

don't worry, you don't have to change the label, you are allowed to use it just as you like.

just so you know, most people call me "Litsong" or "songsong"

your one (Liftsong) may be too hard for most others to say so i think we keep it between us. as for you, a woman with extra talent tracks, feel free to pronounce that as you please.

thank you so much for loaning us the tent.

that sure help out a great deal (at least my friends who lost my tent won't feel so bad)

i had a great offer of hospitality from Glenn the good hearted and all my issues of

"how to get to BASKC and WSIKF" are resolved. so i am very happy to say we are somewhat ready (not register for the program yet.)

love and all gratitude

Litsong

about car rental, T recommended 4 wheel drive car, what am i expecting from driving around the area? a bit confused.

about survival

can anyone tell me a bit about their food plan?

i have not done 8 days camping nor events longer then 4 days

i don't like to eat dogs and burgers (no meat for me, thank you)

i don't know if we will have time or energy to cook after long day on the beach walking, and flying (yes! the sherpa actually flies, :) a bit).

Wen usually hang out until dusk before he calls it a day, then he loves the "after flying hanging out" very much if not more), yet he is a big eater of wholesome food. yeah, we are food people ;)

any advice or information welcome.

Sunday to Sunday heh?

REMIND ME!~ lol I'll be packing, playing and be bopping all over. Remind me before I leave. I'll put a not ein my van. Then, where can we meet up? At the beach!!!! OK, Liftsong, you will have to find me on the beach. ;) That usually isn't a problem.

(Spence and Wen)

See you all soon. BB Penny ~Who now will be at Long Beach on Sunday. :g:

I think I will be there Sunday to Sunday, Maybe even a day longer.

Hi Litsong, Sorry, about the spelling. It all sounds good to me. :)

Food at Long Beach is part of the fun of Long Beach.. There are restaurants and food vendors within easy walking distance. You can cruise the town~just walk around and look even after hours.

It is 2 miles to Wildwood, and they usually have a trolly that goes to camp from town. You probably won't need that, but it's good for teenangers to get around too.

There is a grocery store just about a mile down the road.

Food, transportation, kites, you have it all covered!

What if it rains? This is WA.. we do get rain. And sometimes it rains all week at Long Beach to get rid of the fair weather fliers. By Sat. 1/2 of them have gone home and then the sun comes out!!

So, if it rains? We use to camp in the mountains and it rained a lot. Daddy had us dig a small trench, uhmm, ditch around the tent, so that it didn't flood. Will any one out there have a shovel at Wildwood? lol

It shouldn't be that bad, but maybe I better bring a tarp for under the tent?

Food, clothes, flashlight, sleeping bags? How do you travel with camping gear?

BB Penny ~who's got 3 events before WSIKF.. but that's not keeping me from packing now!

Sunday to Sunday heh?

REMIND ME!~ lol I'll be packing, playing and be bopping all over. Remind me before I leave. I'll put a not ein my van. Then, where can we meet up? At the beach!!!! OK, Liftsong, you will have to find me on the beach. :g: That usually isn't a problem.

(Spence and Wen)

See you all soon. BB Penny ~Who now will be at Long Beach on Sunday. :)

hello penny

we just had a great weekend in Brenton Point park in Newport last weekend.

two more events before WSIKF !

we will be in vancouver WA from 8/11, and most likely to go to the long beach on 8/17.

every excited about meeting people in reality after reading the forum for so long.

i am very amused about my new name from you

Liftsong, ah, you are probably right (will talk to you more about my names later when we meet).

don't worry, you don't have to change the label, you are allowed to use it just as you like.

just so you know, most people call me "Litsong" or "songsong"

your one (Liftsong) may be too hard for most others to say so i think we keep it between us. as for you, a woman with extra talent tracks, feel free to pronounce that as you please.

thank you so much for loaning us the tent.

that sure help out a great deal (at least my friends who lost my tent won't feel so bad)

i had a great offer of hospitality from Glenn the good hearted and all my issues of

"how to get to BASKC and WSIKF" are resolved. so i am very happy to say we are somewhat ready (not register for the program yet.)

love and all gratitude

Litsong

about car rental, T recommended 4 wheel drive car, what am i expecting from driving around the area? a bit confused.

about survival

can anyone tell me a bit about their food plan?

i have not done 8 days camping nor events longer then 4 days

i don't like to eat dogs and burgers (no meat for me, thank you)

i don't know if we will have time or energy to cook after long day on the beach walking, and flying (yes! the sherpa actually flies, :) a bit).

Wen usually hang out until dusk before he calls it a day, then he loves the "after flying hanging out" very much if not more), yet he is a big eater of wholesome food. yeah, we are food people ;)

any advice or information welcome.

Hi Litsong, Sorry, about the spelling. It all sounds good to me. ;)

Food at Long Beach is part of the fun of Long Beach.. There are restaurants and food vendors within easy walking distance. You can cruise the town~just walk around and look even after hours.

It is 2 miles to Wildwood, and they usually have a trolly that goes to camp from town. You probably won't need that, but it's good for teenangers to get around too.

There is a grocery store just about a mile down the road.

Food, transportation, kites, you have it all covered!

What if it rains? This is WA.. we do get rain. And sometimes it rains all week at Long Beach to get rid of the fair weather fliers. By Sat. 1/2 of them have gone home and then the sun comes out!!

So, if it rains? We use to camp in the mountains and it rained a lot. Daddy had us dig a small trench, uhmm, ditch around the tent, so that it didn't flood. Will any one out there have a shovel at Wildwood? lol

It shouldn't be that bad, but maybe I better bring a tarp for under the tent?

Food, clothes, flashlight, sleeping bags? How do you travel with camping gear?

BB Penny ~who's got 3 events before WSIKF.. but that's not keeping me from packing now!

Sunday to Sunday heh?

Dear Penny:

thanks for the tips

i think we may not need to bring cooking gears after all.

we travel everywhere with our sleeping gears and change of clothes (also rain gears and we had our share of kiting in the rain since 2006 and transformed Wen from fair weather flyer into a hard core kiting nut.

yes please consider bringing the tarp if you can.

i am sure all will work out fine.

very much looking forward to seeing you

Love

L.

just the thought of meeting crazy kiters makes us happy

ps:

i travel with my massage oil and love to massage people along my journey

so if you are up for it, you earned a certificate already.

just tell me when and i will be happy to serve.

i just came up with this idea

i would donate 2 full massage or 4 part massage to each event we go to.

either for auction or trading for food (in your case, shelter)

for fundraising or fun raising among kiters.

humm, anyone interested?

Litsong

Hey Wen, they have fun events you two can both register for. Mass assensions, terrific territory, pun fun. Teams can always use you, or you can make your own team.. (You won't have a chance against the crazy ladies of L.B.) But mom can jump right in. :kid_drool:

Litsong, You can certainly donate the massage to the Dinner Sat. night. I bet it would be a hit! I believe the money goes to helping the kite museum. You two will enjoy the museum to, and it's in walking distance. :w00t:

My mom is a massage therapist, but I don't bother her much. Kewl, you two are ready for road trips. I try to keep my van like that.

Wen, are you sitting down and flying the rev yet? B) I got a skinned knee the other night sliding on the gym floor. Sometimes I think I'm to old for this.. NOT!! :)

It's getting closer. You all have a great day. BB Penny

I think registration forms for WSIKF sport kite competition will be here soon, since it's actually a NWSKL function... http://www.nwskl.org

Figures for WSIKF - http://nwskl.org/figs2008.htm

I checked with Bud on this a while ago when they first started coming out with the forms for this season, and he said that the registration forms come out approximately one month before the event.

Those figures are nice. I downloaded them and put them on my zune so I can look at them on the field :kid_drool:

Wen, are you sitting down and flying the rev yet? B) I got a skinned knee the other night sliding on the gym floor. Sometimes I think I'm to old for this.. NOT!! :w00t:

It's getting closer. You all have a great day. BB Penny

I prefer to sit on a stool :)

• 2 weeks later...
YES!!! I AM EXCITED!! :)

bad news :

Wen's Rip Stick got stolen in the Liberty State Park @ NJSKC....

it happened when he was in between field for the multiline precision.

dread..

this is the summer of lost and found.

in Newport, he lost his rev handles.

i must start a survey of what you had lost on the kite field.

the biggest loser can at least be the winner here...

haha

had to have a sense of humor

litsong

I have no idea what a rip stick is, but I hope you guys find it.

I've lost some things on the field before too. I've lost some 1.5 handles, and a kite stake that I bought 3 days earlier! :)

Wen, if you need some handles at WSIKF you can use my extra 1.5 handles.

I have no idea what a rip stick is, but I hope you guys find it.

I've lost some things on the field before too. I've lost some 1.5 handles, and a kite stake that I bought 3 days earlier! :)

Wen, if you need some handles at WSIKF you can use my extra 1.5 handles.

rip stick is the caster board that wen loves to use ---for indoor, or for carrying his loads on the field (if the surface is suitable)

it is like a skate board but with only two wheels.

he wanted to bring it to the WSIKF ...

post-828-1217040176_thumb.jpg