KiteLife Forum

Quad or Dual

Chilliwack Dan

Hi everyone, I use to fly traction kites from about 2002-2005 and quit because I was getting hurt being dragged a lot.

Any way I was wondering would i be able to handle quad easier than dual line. Thanks Dan

This is a difficult question to answer, and frankly, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for this. However, I will do the best I can.

When you say easy to handle, I suppose it is easier to get the basics on a dual line kite rather than a quad because there are only two lines to worry about, so there aren't many combinations and such. I actually flew dual line kites before I got my first rev; now I have fallen completely to the dark side, and no longer own any dual line kites.

Some people will say that learning to fly a rev is more difficult than a dualie, which I agree with, to an extent. However, I do not think the difficulty of a quad vs a dual should be something to make your decision off of.

I have a Parastunter quad, Beamer 1.8 quad and 11 revs and can say the quad foils do fly like revs but obviously not as precise, so I don't think you will have any problems with a rev. Just remember you can't do figure nines with a rev as often as you can with a foil and get away with it without incurring some damage:) I like the small quad foils for those high wind yah-hoo moments!

Hi Watty, not easier as such, it is that I flew 4 line parafoils and they seem to fly basic to the revs. Not having flown a rev mind you, but it looks similar. Dan

Ah, I see. In that case, with your experience with quad line foils, I don't think you would have a problem getting the basic controls down. Then comes practice, practice, and more practice to where you are able to do just about anything with it.

Hi everyone, I use to fly traction kites from about 2002-2005 and quit because I was getting hurt being dragged a lot.

Any way I was wondering would i be able to handle quad easier than dual line. Thanks Dan

Dan ~ Seeing we share the same general concerns (PAIN!)... I would suggest a:

REVOLUTION 1.5 QUAD!

You won't be sorry!

Thanks every one, going to try a rev. Do they have demo kites at this weekend in Vanier Park? If so maybe I could try and get hooked. Thanks again Dan

Pretty much every rev you see flying in the sky is a demo kite. The majority of rev fliers will be happy to let you have a go.

Thanks every one, going to try a rev. Do they have demo kites at this weekend in Vanier Park? If so maybe I could try and get hooked. Thanks again Dan

Hey Dan we'll let you try a rev at Varnier this weekend and get you hooked for sure!! :)

Cheers and I'll see you soon!

Mario

Pretty much every rev you see flying in the sky is a demo kite. The majority of rev fliers will be happy to let you have a go.

Seriously. I would love to have some more local playmates. And if all it takes is a few crash and burns? NP!