KiteLife Forum

Some Low Wind Flying...

RobB

Hey there...

After a rough winter, we've been having a chilly, windy spring so far. Windy with the rare exception of last Sunday... The lack of wind was nice & very welcome for a change, I'm getting tired of flying vents and having my arms lengthened.

I had the video camera to attempt to capture some footage for the upcoming VF contest, but I wasn't able to come up with many tricks on tape, the main trick was having a kite in the air at all...

Enjoy... :blink:

~Rob.

Fantastic video Rob.............and the music added a really special touch. Mr. :blink:ton, himself............

Yes, I've been in a Clapton mood this week, I used his music in the other video I put together, too.

A definite FEEL GOOD video, thanks for posting it Rob.

Even more so, for FLYING it. :)

Pretty little spot you have there, would love to fly there someday!

Hey John...

Glad you enjoyed. If you're ever in NYC, I'm only an hour away... I'll show you some good spots to fly. This was the Cedar beach on the north shore... :blink:

Nice video, sir!! smile.gif Nice to see some (old school) tricks make so nice a combo!!!smile.gif

hey Wayne...

glad you like 'old school' tricks, because that's all I dare to try with that kite... it's so fragile, I'm afraid of breaking it the whole time I'm flying it. The sail isn't much more than saran wrap...

Fantastic video Rob.............and the music added a really special touch. Mr. :blink:ton, himself............

Yes, I've been in a Clapton mood this week, I used his music in the other video I put together, too.

Yes Sir, The music definately makes it, [and the flying ain't half bad, either] Go Mr.:)ton.

Nice video, sir!! smile.gif Nice to see some (old school) tricks make so nice a combo!!!smile.gif

hey Wayne...

glad you like 'old school' tricks, because that's all I dare to try with that kite... it's so fragile, I'm afraid of breaking it the whole time I'm flying it. The sail isn't much more than saran wrap...

I've got several old Prisms, 3-D, Ozone, Alien, and love them all!! smile.gif Now I'm flying Revs mostly, got some vented to cut down on the pull!! Enjoy flying whatever stays up!!! Never could afford a Vapor!! kid_cussing.gif

Great Videos Rob,

I wish I was that good...I know, I know "wishing" would do it..."Practice-Practice-Practice" will!!

But WOW...you have really big grains of sand on your beaches up there! heehee!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hey Duane...

It's all where you spend your flying time, I think. I chose to fly with 2 lines years ago... My four line flying is pretty weak. I enjoy both, but just have limitted time.

As far as the rocky beach.... the Island I live on is actually a glacial deposit, made up from all the garbage the glacier pushed down from New England, at least that's what we've got on the north shore. The south shore has nice beaches with sand like you are used to. I fly at this beach because it's close to my house, but it takes a toll on the nocks of the kites, and I can never go barefoot. :blink:

~Rob.

hey Wayne...

I've got several old Prisms, 3-D, Ozone, Alien, and love them all!! smile.gif Now I'm flying Revs mostly, got some vented to cut down on the pull!! Enjoy flying whatever stays up!!! Never could afford a Vapor!! kid_cussing.gif

I also have a bunch of Prism kites, the Ozone being one of my favorites. I had to trade one of my most prized kites, an Exile UL Moonie to get the Vapor, but I had to see what it was like to fly a Vapor... not too much different than the Ozone, just a little bigger.