KiteLife Forum

My Arizona quad

DonFibonacci

Back in early 2016, my friend ("flynhi" here) and I were discussing how a Rev B pattern could make a pretty cool "Arizona flag" kite.  I'd just starting flying Revs and only had an EXP, but at the time I thought maybe I'd colorize a B Pro when I'm worthy.

Then life got a bit busy and I took an unplanned and unfortunately-timed hiatus from kiting. I came back to it in the spring of 2018 ready to move on from my EXP.  Lo and behold, some major stuff had gone down with Revolution during my absence!  I did a lot of detective work on the forums to piece together what happened (still not sure, but I got the gist).  Luckily, I was just in time to be able to find a stock B Standard, which I LOVE.  No luck on custom colors for my dream kite though.

So, I decided to make it myself.  I've unofficially nicknamed it John McKite in honor of Senator John McCain, who passed away during the time I was building it.  Now that I think of it, maybe it should be John McQuad.  Anyway, I wanted a more coppery color for the center "star" but the orange is pretty close, even more so when it's in the air.

download_20181001_142429.jpg

• Like 3