KiteLife Forum

Vented B2 package (7/10/11)

John Barresi

I'm sure there are people more worthy of winning this kite than those of us that are pleading for it. Best wishes to everyone, and I hope you enjoy the kite!!

Ah, Exile; if I had to wait on my worthiness for anything, I'm afraid it would be a LONG wait. Bluster and pleading will have to do.

My b-day was June 5th. and I didn't do or get anything this year for my b-day. *sob story, poke poke* My gift to myself this year was my trip to Portland. I would greatly accept the kite as a late b-day gift.

My b-day was June 6th, and I didn't get anything this year for my b-day. *have almost everything I want, and more than I need*. My gift to my wife and myself will be a trip to Portland OR to take in the mini-clinic and finally do some Portland sight seeing that was interrupted several years ago by a death in the family.

Would I accept this kite as a late b-day gift? I just might kill for it! :kid_devlish:

Cheers :P

3 more days!!! Down to the wire. Who will win the prize!

By the way.. roughly when on the 10th will the announcement be made??

On the 10th ... never happen!!!! You see, John stretches these drawings out longer than a death sentence appeal. The 10th is on a Sunday, so he'll whine about being at a festival some place and away from the RNG. Then on Monday he'll complain about all the e-mails and postings that he needs to review. Then on Tuesday ...

Well, you get the idea. Most of the over 60 year old group will have heart attacks if he announces the winner Sunday morning. That would be bad for business, so ...

Sorry,

Tom

3 more days!!! Down to the wire. Who will win the prize!

By the way.. roughly when on the 10th will the announcement be made??

On the 10th ... never happen!!!! You see, John stretches these drawings out longer than a death sentence appeal. The 10th is on a Sunday, so he'll whine about being at a festival some place and away from the RNG. Then on Monday he'll complain about all the e-mails and postings that he needs to review. Then on Tuesday ...

Well, you get the idea. Most of the over 60 year old group will have heart attacks if he announces the winner Sunday morning. That would be bad for business, so ...

Sorry,

Tom

Maybe he'll surprise everybody!!!!! kid_devlish.gifTICK, TICK, TICK!!!! kid_devlish.gif

I was going to say, probably best I don't win this as will be away for the week commencing the 16th

Then again, if John wants to deliver it to me in the U.K. and wants to sample some of north devon, then i'll happily buy him dinner

(Does that constitute a bribe :kid_devlish::P:lol: :lol:);)

I seem to recall a recent drawing that was posted on the actual morning (west coast time) of the stated date.

I think the only requirement is that the drawing be based on actual active subscribership at the midnight beginning the date of the drawing.

That is, whether the drawing takes place at 12:01 AM on the date-of, or a week later, the pool of possible winners is fixed as of that original time.

Shipping is not instantaneous, and no one questions that, so why does the drawing have to be done exactly at a certain time?

Now, here's a question: does the day of the drawing (and the subscribership freeze) start at midnight west coast time, or midnight wherever JB happens to be currently located? He is well-known to be a traveler, after all.

My thought.. Why wait till Sunday. Do it Friday!

Now that's something I can support. Get this one over with and get on to the next one ... that would be one way of making approximately 293 of us losers happy.

Cheers,

Tom