KiteLife Forum

What is different here?

tkrinor

While practicing my whump yesterday I was thinking.

What is different here?

I golf… but will never play a round with Jack Nicklaus.
I bust my ass at work, I own a small business, but will never have lunch with Bill Gates.
I play guitar and sing out of tune, but will never share a stage with Bruce Springsteen.
I drink and collect whiskey, but will never nurse a dram with Julian Van Winkle.
I fly a Rev….I pretty much suck…but one day I may get to fly with John Barresi.

• Like 8

I'm quite sure ole Willie will do more than have a drink with you....I have seen the coffee table scenery at his home...

I think its more of we are doing something we enjoy..a non profit hobby? And love to spread the knowledge to whomever is willing to listen.

I'm quite sure ole Willie will do more than have a drink with you....I have seen the coffee table scenery at his home... I think its more of we are doing something we enjoy..a non profit hobby? And love to spread the knowledge to whomever is willing to listen.

NOT Willie ! :ani_whistling:

,,,just a kite..those days the kite would be in the bag...every now and then I get to pull the strings, and for a few hours anyway.. no one is pulling at mine

JB you are a humble & gracious man that has inspired so many, for so many different reasons on so many levels. Thank you for inspiring me at LC.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

It truly is an experience! If you ever have the chance..dont pass it up. John is an open book and willing to listen or help in any way possible. In his eyes, just another person/friend on the field... all that champion stuff is nowhere to be found. Can't wait for next time...

• Like 2

I must admit I was touched when a World Class flyer actually interacted with me on a forum when first getting into the KiteLife. It was an openness I did not expect. Kite people seem to be extraordinary individuals. It's a real surprise for an introvert like me. But now I seem to have some boldness in flying. Where did that come from? Knowing you all has helped me.

Thanks one & all.

Dayhiker

• Like 4