KiteLife Forum

Indoor Flying Practice

Penny Lingenfelter

Your right Ant and John said we might get video this weekend. Woo hoo. Steve took a total of 5 pictures all weekend.

Here are two pics.. One with a few of us from the 60's show and of course my friends in my skit. Sam was my pirate. his hat fell off, but at 3 years old he took his sword and went after the grinch. todd can't hardley see out of the green mask, and couldn't figure out what was beating him from behind. To cute!

John, are you going to Moro Beach? Please let me know. Brian requested the Rev lesson over the microphone and I'm practicing. I'd like to have good intro's for the flyers who demonstrate and still keep the time limited.

Darn, I've compressed them and everything and not able to get them on here. Wonder what's wrong?

Guess I'll have to figure it out.

BB

Penny

lol I hadn't seen that picture before and your behinds were bigger then life on my screen.

I just read the Everett IQuad post. It sounds wonderful, but I've got a kids Expo on Sat. Maybe I can find my way up there on Sunday. Have fun.

Now, Mousie.. put your tounge back in your mouth, wipe the drool off of your chin, and go text Monk. :cup_2nd:

BB

Penny

ere is a picture of some of the group in the Cat/Hat skit. Yes, that is Monkey AKA David Hathaway w/blue hair. Amy is the keystone cop but you can only see her head.

Lets see, L-R Ryan, Monks, Jeremy Colbert, Todd Rudolph, Penny Lingenfelter, Sam in front (He was my pirate) Zach, Shawn (?) Amy Doran, Rhonda Brewer and Allen Cunningham as max the dog on the floor. it was a great group.

My apologies if I have your last name wrong. I usually just do first names. There are just a few more pics on www.myspace.com/penny_lingenfelter Kewl set huh? Makes me want to fly those spots. :cup_2nd:

Lets see the 60's pose would be Wayne Turner, Penny Lingenfelter, Allen Cunningham, John Barresi, Andy Becker and Scott Weider. (John's going to ground me if I spelled his name wrong) lol

BB

Penny

I figured I'd blog a little in here since we did have kites and we were indoors. :cup_2nd:

At Toastmasters I gave my 3rd speech from a Speaking to Inform manual. The goals were to demonstrate a product. In under 7 minutes.

I gave my Revolution 101 Kite Lesson

Usually you are evaluated by one person who will give you advice. Tonight we had a few contest and I was the "target" speaker for the Evaluators that participated in the evaluation portion. They evaluated the good aspects and gave advice on how to improve the speech. One at a time though and the competitors are not in the room during the others oral evaluation of my speech. The evaluators are then judged on their performance and a winner selected. I was also able to hand out two books I'm working on to have evaluated by other people. It was a great opportunity for me to practice my lesson, get feed back and improve it.

The feedback was fantastic. More importantly, I had several people approach me afterwards with lots of questions about kites. I let the club know about the Kids Expo this Sat., a few of them will be there, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see a few more.

Steven should get an award, he pretended to be Ron Desporado and John Barassi in my speech and he demonstrated with a stick Rev Kite while I spoke, but a 1.5 red/wh/blu SLE/standard behind him. They loved it when he waved with his right hand for Ron and w/his left as John. I didn’t see his face. (I throw in the demo flyer's names at events so I practiced with their names)

Then another club asked if I could be the target speaker for their club! Pretty kewl yeah....

They introduce me like this: Tonight Penny Lingenfelter is doing what she loves to do best.. Teaching us how to fly a kite~

How much fun is that?

Oh go back a few post to see the pics of the Lincoln City Indoor 2007.

BB

Penny thinking the speech's in the speech contest were great. You find people go through a lot in life.

Last nights speech went well. I stumbled a few times, but nothing bad. All the evaluators did a good job and there were at least 6 good pieces of advice over the last two evenings.

There will probably be a person or two come into Kitelife. We had a few of my kite cards with us that we handed out. Darn, I should have had more cards with me. I really did not expect as much interest. I could tell a few people were really interested by the way they followed the speech and intently participated. A few others surprised me afterwards with their interest. Yolanda told me how much they loved to fly kites coming up, but I'm not sure her son will be convinced without trying it himself.

OK.. Saturday is really it... my last indoor event for the season... I think. :cup_2nd: I tried to fly 3 butterfly’s at once in no wind yesterday, but 2 is much more manageable at this time. The kids will be able to play with butterfly, UFO and Rev’s on Sat.

I'm shipping costumes to Brian for Moro Beach's Kite festival in two weeks. It's the same weekend as Bend's Festival so I'll be missing that. :cup_3rd:

After giving it some thought I'd rather run to Westport and stay with friends rather then 4 hour drive to the tulip festival. I'd like to get a little outdoor practice in. You guys have loads of fun up there. We'll think good weather at you.

BB Penny

The Kids Expo at the Kitsap Pavilion was most excellent. I was the first show of the morning at 11:30. It didn’t open till 10:00 AM but at 9:00 AM they were letting people in all ready. It stayed packed all day long. What a perfect event for kids. They had free rock climbing, bungee jumping in a swing apparatus, stage show’s from dancers, Ronald McDonald, Science Guy, Karate, etc. etc. Row’s and Row’s of booths w/free items and information on everything from Scuba diving to Horseback Riding… and of course Kiteflying!

Robert and his assistants seemed a little apprehensive when I told them, I was there for the kids to have hands on experience, so we’d fly between shows below the stage as we had done the previous year with only two kites. This year, they had sent Katie to help me carry in armfuls of kites. You can imagine their thoughts of people running into each other, kites tangling on each other. Well, except for one young lady who ran across the crowded room ignoring safety and kites on the floor and slid on a UFO and shattered it’s spar-we had no incidences. She was ok, and maybe learned a lesson.

I spotted large warehouse doors that led outside; they couldn’t be opened, but couldn’t be blocked. Perfect space to park and fly kites.

I put up 4 butterfly’s, 3 UFO’s.. and My Rev. Before I even had two butterfly’s up I had a group of girls that showed an interest. They were a dance group out of Gig Harbor, WA. We had plenty of time to round up a Grinch and a few who’s ville towns people. During the skit the girls danced and jumped as they flew their butterfly’s and UFO’s around me like a wagon train. Perfect! Mikela, (sp) and Sara were my Sam I Am and voice at the end. They were so cute and did a wonderful job of making the part their own. The crowd absolutely loved it! The event organizer told me it was awesome. I told him I would let him know when Kitelife had video of Lincoln City up.

Jerry and Mary Fincher were there saling from the Fincher’s Aire Force Kite Store booth. I know he sold all his butterfly’s, some UFO’s. Jerry has a list of people waiting for his next order. I didn’t have room to fly my rev w/people. I’ll have to work on space and getting the Rev. simulator on the wall.

The cutest kids were the ones you know will become future kitefliers. They spend hours flying in no wind. Persistent, happy, focused~~, their flying! I think I met a child from each age group that was mesmerized with the kites. (And some adults) There was a smile on my face all weekend from this event.

Now… it’s time to focus flying outside. It’s time for California’s, Moro Beach’s First… what we hope will be Annual- Kite Festival and Parade. I can’t wait! My costumes are packed and being shipped down. We’re going to have just as much fun at Moro Beach’s festival as we did at the Kids Expo. What ever you do on the weekend, I hope it includes a kite.

Best Breezes,

Penny Lingenfelter ~indoor kiteflying.

Glen and Rachel,

I should look for your email. Thank you for the dvd and pics of Lincoln City. Great job.

Again, what a learning tool. lol I think we'll have the announcer call a Penny behind the curtain call, so I don't have to run around and look for the players.

What a shame I was wearing Tie Dye instead of a matching outfit with the Flag Kite. I think I like that routine on longer line, too.

How funny, it's my only chance to see the skit so far. What I am seeing is kids flying UFO's etc. most of the time just enough to keep them going during the skit because they are watching the skit. But they are smiling and laughing. You did a wonderful job capturing the audience. Thank you so much.

Yup, now I know I can go short lines ~ I'll have to go longer and play.

BB

Penny~

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you who are getting your Indoor Rev's don't hesitate to contact us, and do fly them outside in 1-2 mph. It is certainly not the same as NO wind, but will still make a better flyer out of you.

Congratulations Mario! Enjoy that kite.. ahhh... now you made me want to fly inside. Nope.. have to concentrate on San Ramon's Art and Wind Festival.

BB

Penny ~

• 2 months later...

I feel guilty. There are over 5,000 hits on here and I'm not working indoors right now.

I am packed for Westport this weekend, if there's no wind in the morning I'll fly the Indoor Rev. If there is good wind in the PM, I'll sneak down South to buggy a little with the Super Blast. I'm realllllllly wanting to buggy right now. Otherwise, I'll be at the festival flying and giving lessons. I don't have my banner w/me, but you can't miss my blue two tone van w/ stars hand painted on it. Yup, the perfect beach vehicle.

Hope to see some of you at Westport, WA's kite festival. Rev on!

BB Penny

For those of you who are getting your Indoor Rev's don't hesitate to contact us, and do fly them outside in 1-2 mph. It is certainly not the same as NO wind, but will still make a better flyer out of you.

Congratulations Mario! Enjoy that kite.. ahhh... now you made me want to fly inside. Nope.. have to concentrate on San Ramon's Art and Wind Festival.

BB

Penny ~

well i have to say that the indoor has been great to me and since im still learning it i found it to be a useful too fo small areas where no other kite will do even my front yard on 12 foot lines

lol Isn't it though? Try it on 4-5 ft. of lines. :kid_brooding: It's great for tiny areas. :) Have a good weekend. BB Penny