KiteLife Forum

Gday Frankieflyin here.....

Frankieflyin

Std handles are 13". I'd have to measure my Indoor ones but they could be 14" but the bend is less pronounced. That is, they are straighter...

A set of diamond frames will work with your full sail skins to use in zero wind as an alternative to an Indoor.

Also, putting a short pig tail on the top and bottom of each vertical makes the 1.5's closer to behaviour to an indoor. Be careful though as there isn't a bridal to spread the load. Can feel pretty weird when you fly it first but you get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Std handles are 13". I'd have to measure my Indoor ones but they could be 14" but the bend is less pronounced. That is, they are straighter...

A set of diamond frames will work with your full sail skins to use in zero wind as an alternative to an Indoor.

Also, putting a short pig tail on the top and bottom of each vertical makes the 1.5's closer to behaviour to an indoor. Be careful though as there isn't a bridal to spread the load. Can feel pretty weird when you fly it first but you get used to it.

Thats what i know i need to do. Put pigtails on kite.

I've been adjusting from handles and yes it does feel weird with no bridal.

Perhaps the pigtails on kite would make more of a difference

Letting the top leaders "out" will increase the amount of brake. In other words, moving the top lines to the knot furthest from the handle. I too noticed that your handles are quite upright. Look at JB's vids and you'll see the handles in a "slouched" position, as opposed to "sitting upright". This indicates either unequal lines, or not enough brake. I would like to see a photo of your handles with the lines connected the way you usually have them when flying, to see if you could benefit from adding more brake. Adding brake will make it easier to keep the sail filled, and will tame things down in stronger winds, as well as providing better and easier control.

As I mentioned before, I would like to see more video at normal speed. It is difficult to see where you could use improvement at that speed. If I knew how to, I would slow it down at my end, but I have no clue how to do that; ok, I'll try to figure it out. New trick for an old dog.

Also, read the article on this site that JB has written, titled something like "flying with intent" (not the exact words, but enough to help you find it). You are a very good flyer and I think are at that point where reading this article may inspire you to greater things.

I wish my axels looked as good as yours do.

• Like 1

Thanks JB!

I suspect you are flying on the original short leaders with the hog clip attachment. There is also a thread, I forget which forum as they are starting to blend!, about getting rid of the bottom hog clip and putting in a "rawl plug" and wood screw. This reduces the chances of snagging a line with the bottom tip of the handle.

• Like 1

Just figured out how to slow down a You-Tube video. This dummy just learned something new. Hey, Wayne, you're gonna love this. Just go to the "gear" at the bottom right. Click on it and select speed.

Ok, Frankie, I watched the last two vids again. The thing that strikes me is that all the moves blend together. There is not a distinct transition from one to the next. No beginning or end. I'm not saying that you need one with every move, but only that adding some here and there will add variety to how you get from point A to point B. I would probably say the same thing to myself if I made a video of my flying and watched it. I watch the JB videos and marvel at his ability to pull off transitions without pause, and intentionally pause the transitions at will, in time with the music and turn the "oopses" into "wows". This last part is a direct reference to the "Painted Desert" video. If you haven't seen this one you're missing one of the best Rev videos ever done.

If you've already seen it, watch again, and look closely at the transitions, tracking and positioning. It's worth a second look, and since I found the slow-mo button, I'm heading there to watch it again myself and pick it apart for info and ideas.

• Like 1

Well thanks everyone.

I equalized lines only a month ago when I snapped top right line.

- my 30' set are now 20-25.

Now to tell you the truth I haven't played with adjustments of handles except for when I use custom UL (Which has no bridal).

Now guys don't pick my flying apart with your new found secret of speed control. .......lol

Im not jb....

Remember this.

Have only been flying 3 years.

I fly for therapy.

Yes my goal is to one day be as good as him. Not that this is actually possible because I am damaged goods. But close would do me.

I feel that I'm on the right path.

When I fly my mind is free.

I just try to be smooth and fluent.

Yes everything is all flowing into one.

That's how my mind works.

I'm not thinking about having to go from point to point.

I just do it. Feel that breeze and flow with it.

I feel that I am slowly incorporating more running track to my flying.

Now to do what you are saying means that I really have to think about what I'm doing.

I don't think when I fly. I just do it.

So I've got to slowly train my brain to incorporate distinct moves to frame each section.

My flying shows how my brain works.

In other words its a complete mess!

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was saying look how much my flying has improved because if I can see a difference, (and I see my flying on daily basis) then there must be a pronounced improvement.

I'm slowly trying to make my style with what people are telling me so that it becomes my style and I don't have to think about it.

I fly best when my mind is free.

When I need to concentrate my mind is not free anymore.

My flying shows it.

When my mind is free everything flows.

That's my style.

So if i can change my style so that I don't need to think about it.

It would become a win win situation

That's the idea, you work on 1-2 specific things at a time, over and over until it becomes 2nd nature.

Then that part is automatic, and you work on the next 1-2 things.

I can only imagine the neurological challenge(s), but please understand no one is truly critiquing, just mutually discussing... I think everyone has said your flying is good and that there is improvement through the timeline of your videos, no debate there - but there's always more, in big or small steps. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks jb.

It's just that no one really knows what I'm going thru and have been thru unless you have actually experienced it.

I think Wayne can relate a lot to what I'm saying because he has experienced something along those lines.

Please understand that I'm not getting angry with the criticism.

Its good.

Anything you guy's say is going to wear more weight than that of someone in sydney.

Because no one flys em here.

I want to upload my cracker video to channel so stay tuned. ....

• Like 2

Also since there is no real reason for me to get real good with my flying because there is no competition over here in the land downunder.

I'm sure if there was that would drive me to be 'more professional' about flying.

So in other words people just see me as that freak kite dude in sydney.[emoji13]

• Like 1

Personally, I'm old school, I like your videos, but, I think flying to the song or songs is all I can do.

Editing, speed, fitting the flying to the music after the flying is something I don't understand.

I fly to the music right now, stuff like slow-mo and trick photography isn't showing the art of flying as much as it's showing how to put a video together.

You fly nice, but try a video of flying to the song next to your camera unedited. Just Fly!