KiteLife Forum

NC Quad Clinic (Sep 10-11, 2016)

John Barresi

10 hours ago, makatakam said:

@Steve Jenkins

Are you aware that there is a clinic coming up in the Detroit area on the 24th and 25th. I believe that one is still on. I don't know if that one is full yet or not. You might have a bit shorter drive to that one, like about 7 hours shorter.

Right you are! But yes, I was aware of the Detroit clinic, and it would have been my first choice. However we are going to be on vacation in Yellowstone that week. Maybe next time I can make it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lynn Pugh said:

Tim and Bill, It looks like we have the beginnings of a Hampton Roads Kite Club.  Please let me know where and when you plan to fly.

There's actually a few of us in the area.. I have a few places I like to fly.. There's a few of us that powerkite and buggy on the beach in the off season which started YESTERDAY!!!

• Like 1

I flew for a couple hours in the grass at the north end of FT Monroe on Sunday. Pretty strong N wind courtesy of the tropical storm. It was a bit strong for my standard B. Perfect for a vented probably.

We definitely should start a HRKC! I nominate Riff for President... lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Attention...

I'm pretty sure this is my first clinic with all of you, and I want to be sure and remind you to bone up on these basics if you haven't already - please consider this your minimum homework.

Familiarity will pay off on the field, even if you don't have it all nailed yet. ;)

If you want to go a bit further with your homework, the whole playlist of free tutorials is here...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSuS-sRtr5k8bkMIgL7EprEYfsgF-N6z1

And of course, KiteLife subscribers have access to twice as many tutorials here...

http://kitelife.com/video-tutorials/#index

Looks like it's going to be a great weekend, lots of smiles ahead - please be at ease (don't worry too much), my prime directive is to set you up to win! :)

• Like 1

Thanks, John. I am pretty new to quad flying with maybe 12 hours experience since I got my Rev 1.5 in late June. I have been working on fundamentals and am looking forward to the workshop as a means to boost me up the learning curve! The lines thay I have are 65 feet (that's what came with the kite). I hope those are ok for the workshop. Otherwise, do you know if the local kite shop in AB sells longer sets?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using KiteLife mobile app