KiteLife Forum

your handle

sky fish

Hello I called my self sky fish. Because my first kite was a delta with a six foot wing span it would take for ever to reel it in a good wind . I when it got my first stunt kite.I didn't know how to control it.And I would get tug and pull around like I was landing a fish . :lol:

I have a friend with a vanity plate DIMELS9... Penny

Hmmmmm as for Grandpa... because I am one... or all the cool names were taken... or...

I think I'll stick with because I am one... my granddaughter is an unmerciful tease at 2 years old...

I wonder where that came from??...

antman was my nickname in high school i dont know how it started really but hey i lked it so i just kept going with it the fellas at work call me that too a 20 year span so far whay stop now i figured i would be known in kite life as the same as anywhere else

Quad KiT

Quad because I am obsessed with those things!!!

KiT comes from KrisTopher 1 3 5th, dont know was a handle from IRC through AOL through online gaming. Almost spells kite, almost :)

Loved Knight Rider when I was young! Building a red chase light for my black REV...

The list goes on...

-Kris

Hey Bill

Dime less 9?

I'm terrible at these things... what does it really say? lol

You done good Penny!!! Dime less 9 = a penny :matrix:

The Penny I know is about 4ft something tall and drives a Dodge Durango ;)

We were at the kids house when Grandma went to the bathroom before leaving for home. My granddaughter went to the bathroom door and knocked hard, then she ran down the hall and told ME to "knock it off" just as my wife came out of the bathroom! I'm helpless rolling on the floor laughing :)

lol Ok, I was there and didn't know it. Cute.

Grandkids keep us young. :innocent: BB Penny ~not feeling her age.

HI lady. I checked out your indoor routine.It was fab if you like Irish music you might want to fined some Loreena Mc Kennitt If you don't all ready have some of her music :w00t: We are only as young as we think we are and most of the time I think I'm twenty some thing. But I forget its the CRS

• 4 years later...

Mine drives from old email/newsgroup protocols: you used to be able to put a line with just two hyphens before your signature, and most email/newsreader programs would ignore anything beyond that line when quoting someone else's post. I liked the look of it and affixed it before my name as an e-sig. Strictly speaking, the sig should have two spaces before the hyphens to avoid confusing email clients that don't properly ignore anything past lines that have ONLY two hyphens and ignore anything past lines that START with two hyphens. Unfortunately almost all forum software deletes leading whitespace (like spaces and tabs).

Someone once referred to me as "decrement Pete" as the double minus sign means to subtract one from a variable (decrement) in some programming language or other. (Maybe "C"?)

It has one interesting side-effect: since the ASCII hyphen sorts before any alphabetic character, it tends to sort my "handle" at the beginning of most lists.

(Another blast from the past, resurrected by the exploring newbie.)

The first time I needed a screen name was on Christmas day in 2001. We stumbled upon Geocaching and did our first two caches. To log the finds required a screen name ... dah! Well, since we usually have at least one Jeep in the lineup, several derivatives were explored. Jeeps-R-Us, JeepDriver, etc. A quick look through the Jeep history uncovered the Jeepster name. That was a instant aha! Well, when I started kiting, it just seemed natural to continue to use it.

The unfortunate thing with a screen name like mine is that it's too common. A search on Geocaching.com shows twenty more members with a derivative name starting with Jeepster. Looks like if I started today, it'd be long gone.

Cheers,

Tom

Mine comes from the old TV show since I am a Forensic Scientist (but I don't cut up bodies). A couple of waitresses at a bar where I used to play trivia called me Quincy after a particularly good run of winning contests and the name stuck.

Mine goes back to high school when, by rare coincidence, guys I dated had accidents or other misfortunes.

It was said, in jest, 'Don't date her, she's a jinx'! :devil: ...and it stuck!

Refusing to admit being a jinx, I chose to spell it "Jynx"!

Call me what you will... I am blessed to be one of the luckiest people I know!

Aging gracefully until the anvil falls,

Jynx :)

When I was about 13 I went through a phase of walking road slowly/ couldn't be bothered kind of attitude

My brother said I "plodded" around

Well, the name "plod" stuck, and 29 years later i'm still stuck with it. :)

During High School, at the Portland (OR) library, I looked up the origin of my (at the time) unusual first name "Howard". The only other Howards I knew of were my grandfather and Howard Keel.

One book identified Howard as "Hog Warden" - (I'm guessing maybe pig farmer? Or maybe royal inspector of swine? - Explanation was lacking.)

A second book identified it as "Hedge Warden" - (Gardener? Maybe he who measures the hedges for dimensional compliance?)

When it came time to create an on-line moniker, I found that "Hedgewarden" was far less common than "Smith123" - and thus the single tag could be used on many sites. :devil:

If you see a "Hedgewarden" signature on the web, it is most likely me - except for You-Tube. :)

If you wish to use it, I shall bequeath "Hogwarden" :lol: to anyone who asks.

We stumbled upon Geocaching and did our first two caches.

Hey Tom,

That happens to also be one of my other hobbies, which evolved from my fascination with the GPS. So not only do I GeoCache, I also use the same handle, over there.

So cheers to you too....................nick :wacko:

My handle, "Reef Runner", comes from many years ago, when I was heavy into striper fishing, boating, etc. I picked up that handle as my call name, on the VHF radio. Since that time, I have used it here on the Kitelife forum, on the Rev forum, on the GWTW forum, on the Cornhole forum, on the GeoCaching website, on the GeoCaching forum, on the GPS forum, and on several other forums, that I can't think of right now.......... I figured, why complicate things with a bunch of different names, so I stuck with it............... :wacko:

My handle, "Reef Runner", comes from many years ago, when I was heavy into striper fishing, boating, etc. I picked up that handle as my call name, on the VHF radio. Since that time, I have used it here on the Kitelife forum, on the Rev forum, on the GWTW forum, on the Cornhole forum, on the GeoCaching website, on the GeoCaching forum, on the GPS forum, and on several other forums, that I can't think of right now.......... I figured, why complicate things with a bunch of different names, so I stuck with it............... :wacko:

"Cornhole" forum?!?! Hummmm........