KiteLife Forum

KAP - Kite Aerial Photography

Want to know about taking aerial photographs or video, or want to share some experiences? Do it here!

76 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 6.4k views
  1. Beautiful photos about Dieu Sao

• 5 replies
    • 3k views
    • 0 replies
  2. WWKW2019 - part two

• 0 replies
  3. WWKW2019 - part one

• 0 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. A Baroque Manor

• 2 replies
  5. A Medieval Town

• 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  6. Ljubljana, Slovenia - from a kite

• 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 12.5k views
    • 3 replies
  • Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Just unpacked after 2 days shipping (US -> Germany) : Kmac 61/49. Looking forward to flying it the next few days.
    • Hi,   thanks for your reply.  I haven't been flying in excessive winds for the kite but she has had a few bumps. I have fixed this now with the help of another forum member oapbillf.  They very kindly sent me some dacron and I have made 4 patches and reinforced both sides of both wing tips.  I have added a picture of the original damage. All the washers etc are in place IMG_7942.heic
    • Detox Semi Vented in the last light of day....  
    • Image? You might be right about it having come from an impact. It also commonly means you've been flying in strong winds. It's tough to know or guess at the cause without an image. They're just a hole melted into a bit of reinforced fabric. The bungee should also have a washer on top, and much like a button caught on a button hole, even if the hole rips/stretches a bit and turns into a long hole, the washer should prevent it from sliding through. You can cover it up like you described to reinforce it and melt a new hole, and that doesn't need to be the same material. Any light and strong fabric that you can secure to it can work, with Mylar, Dacron, and Kevlar all being commonly used strong fabrics. Glue and stitching both work.  Reinforcements can help but probably aren't strictly necessary if the fabric is otherwise intact. 
    • Hello @babssmm, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!