KAP - Kite Aerial Photography

Want to know about taking aerial photographs or video, or want to share some experiences? Do it here!

43 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
  1. Create Custom T-Shirts
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  • Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Looks like a carbon fiber rod for the leading edges and Skyshark wrapped for the lower spreader. looks like a 5pt but can't tell. hope this helps.
    • This makes tonnes of sense! My newbie-hood is showing, but is there a good way to get out after the first "flare" without crashing? I'm going to try a few and see what happens, I think I've always tried to combine it with the other hand inputs and wound up fluttering like a leaf to the ground. I bet this comes into things for me too. I definitely throw the lower hand forward, probably too much.  Gah hope I can get some flying in today or tomorrow! Thanks both of you, It is great to hear multiple people try and describe these inputs!!   Also, those tutorial videos are excellent. I just found this video which, though not a tutorial, was the first time I realized you could half-axle at the edge of the window! I'm still not super confidant in the middle of the window so I'll have to try this out.   
    • Such a great little kite! I learned all my basics on a much lower quality tiny stunt kite and loved it. I felt less like I was going to break anything or hurt anyone with such a tiny kite. After teaching lots of friends with it it is dying fast and I really miss it! Your GF has great goodwill eyes, solid find.   
    • So I was at one of the local Goodwill stores the other day and my fiance says " Hey babe, look at this" So I go over to her and she has this kite in her hand. I see it is very small. I also see it says "stunt kite. Then I notice it has 2 winders. then it hits me.....SHE FOUND A TINY DUAL LINER ! I immediately open it up and put it together and see that the standoff's make the pockets or whatever they are called pretty deep and also realize that it is proportional to my larger ones. So I look at the price......$2.freakin 99 ! I couldnt wait to try this thing....We went to the field right up from my place that I always have no success in because of the crappy wind even on windy days. THIS THING FLIES GREAT ! Even in very little and crappy wind that is all over the place,,,,it flies exactly like my larger ones ! (The reason I explain it this way is because We bought 2 junky dual liners that the standoffs barely make a pocket in the kite and they don't fly at all.)  I will be flying it more today and get more videos but here are some pics and a video to keep you entertained until then.  (I also posted this in its own thread here  )  
    • And here is the entire package.